[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Weekly Challenge Run Videos!

Weekly Challenge Run Videos!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Weekly Challenge Run Videos!

Postby Darvin on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:11 pm

Here's an idea for a challenge run: Who can kill the most mini-Avatars (in addition to the avatar himself) in Demonic Library?
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:26 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:34 pm

Eh, you can kill them all with an Orc rogue that uses Namtar's ward to capitalize off the extra level ups from them.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Darvin on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:45 pm

Darvin

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:01 pm

I feel kinda bad about this, but I didn't manage to "Solve" this weeks challenge run (which is uploading as I write this.)
I did manage to win, but not in a repeatable way. It relied a lot on luck. My chances of victory were like 1 in 5. The run is purist +warmonger in the Labyrinth no half-dragon (just think about what that means). I haven't seen TheSchachter's video yet so maybe he solved it, but does anyone have a real solution to this?
I totally had to brute force it in a way that only wins maybe 1 in 5 times.
http://www.youtube.com/JayPlaysIndieGames
Check out the Desktop Dungeons Review, let's play, and tutorials :)
JayPlaysIndieGames

Postby The Avatar on Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:28 pm

Eh, not really. Purist Warmonger is a nasty and very luck reliant combo in and of itself (and tinker is probably the best pick), and the labyrinth is not a fun dungeon to try it on.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

The Avatar

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:02 pm

Hmmm, I still suspect there is a high win chance solution though. I came real close to thinking that it was the bloodmage, but I never actually managed the win with him.
JayPlaysIndieGames

Postby The Avatar on Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:19 pm

I think Tinker, personally. They are the least reliant on glyphs and preps, plus their two starting transmutation seals can help with avoiding Rex and being fenced in.

The Avatar

Postby TheSchachter on Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:13 am

I definitely considered trying the Tinker, but then one of my test runs as another class got me a victory. I started recording that run right before taking on Rex, at the point where it had become clear that I had a high chance of winning this. I meant to try and get another, fully-recorded run of it, but then I got rather sick this week and didn't have the energy or brain power to record anything else :( In any case, I'm currently looking into a way of adding commentary to the video, after which I will upload it.

The strategy is really scummy, for the record :P I think that The Avatar is probably correct in saying that the Tinker probably the most reliable class for this. Still, the two Transmutation Seals are the only things you're getting for going around monsters, so it's going to be scummy no matter what. Jay, you masochist!

EDIT: Apparently I'm still tired, because I repeated myself a lot in there. Edited for less redundancy. EDITX2: And re-editted so it actually says what I'm trying to say again :P
Last edited by TheSchachter on Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:15 am

Masochist? Me?!? Nooooo. :p
Seriously tackling this with a halfling priest was maddening though
JayPlaysIndieGames

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons