Weekly Challenge Run Videos!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Weekly Challenge Run Videos!

Postby TheSchachter on Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:42 am

Oh man, I totally forgot about the challenge this week! I'll try and do a video tomorrow XD
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Nurator on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:32 am

Just saw that there is no new challenge for this week, so maybe another one from me:

Dungeon:Hexx Ruins
Class: Any

You have to hit Stheno once, so that he/she gets 100% resist. After that explore enough so that Stheno heals full. Then kill it!
Nurator

Postby Blovski on Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:47 pm

The real challenge there is keeping enough popcorn alive to feed her the resists ;)

I did it (with *Frank* as boss 2)/spoilers below

Halfling Rogue of JJ with Platemail and an RBS (I got it by Quest Items because I don't keep it lockered) - Took three hits of bonus health, ding/regenkilled Frank at level 6-7ish. Stheno only got 90% resists displaying and went down pretty easily to Chaos Avatar and the RBS. I'm not sure Chaos Avatar actually lowered her resists but Byceps started lowering her resists after a few attempts. I can't tell if the display or the actual resistances were bugged. JJ Halfling Rogue with Platemail is a very interesting and solid way to play the class as opposed to the usual GG cheeseball, and I figured with Stheno's 50% deathgaze Halfling with boosted health would beat Dwarf any day. Definitely trying it in one of the Vicious scenarios soon.
Blovski

Postby TheSchachter on Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:18 am

Ahoy! Just a quick heads up that I probably won't be participating and/or making videos for a while. Not that I need to be here for the topic to run, but since I started it and all that, I thought I should at least say something. Keep the challenges coming, I love watching/reading about them! :) Sorry!
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons