[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Weekly Challenge Run Videos!

Weekly Challenge Run Videos!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Weekly Challenge Run Videos!

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:20 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Nurator on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Cool :) I just tried it and its not a piece of cake :D I am looking forward to solutions :)
Nurator

Postby Blovski on Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:40 pm

OK, so, my computer died horribly because Windows 8 was designed by a tiny child so I don't have screenshots or a video :(

The loose description of the setup I used to win:

Gnome Bloodmage, Balanced Dagger, Apothecary, Quicksilver Whupaz Schadenfreude and Mana potions, extra mana (magnet fireball is safer), Slayer Wand, Compression Seal and and of course Patches and JJ.

Strategy: compress patches, do normal vicious Balanced Dagger things, get one hit of Extra Health and two or three of extra mana, drink a mana potion or bloodpool if you have to get around a punishment. You will have enough resources spare to do this. Hit level four or five and line up a level up, find Aequitas and do unpleasant things to him with your mana potions and bloodtopowa. You'll level off killing him and probably know where Goo is by now. Use your quicksilver to Whupaz him and continue with your gigantic potion spike.

Should handily and reliably win, as Gnome Bloodmage's resources are all things that can get by mana burn and poison, and the balanced dagger means other punishments just aren't a huge deal. The only issues are finding Burndayraz really late, which I think I'd avert in future runs by just magneting it.
Blovski

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:26 pm

lol, I just uploaded mine and started watching TheSchachter and he guesses my EXACT setup within the first couple of minutes of the video LOL
Anyway here is mine: http://youtu.be/3ypLWYtuLRI

*Also regen fighting a meatman while poisoned FTW that was awesome TheSchatcher
http://www.youtube.com/JayPlaysIndieGames
Check out the Desktop Dungeons Review, let's play, and tutorials :)
JayPlaysIndieGames

Postby Blovski on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:39 pm

I was waiting for you to realise you didn't have patches :lol:

Nice seeing that between the four of us we pretty much covered four different caster classes (fighter and transmuter being the only other two) and everyone used a different locker item. I'll see if my old computer's up to recording a run later :/
Blovski

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:12 pm

JayPlaysIndieGames

Postby Blovski on Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:16 pm

OK that is a serious challenge but probably doable. I'm up for that.
Blovski

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:20 pm

My only negative about it is that because there is a class requirement all solutions are going to be very similar. The only differences will be preps.
Still it doesn't work without the class requirements so I am game, it should be fun.
I won't be able to give it an honest shot until either Monday or Thursday though.
JayPlaysIndieGames

Postby lolQuaff on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:26 pm

Beat the Rogue challenge :D That was fun! Looking forward to seeing everyone's strategies
lolQuaff

Postby lieronet on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:10 pm

Not going to get this recorded, so I'll give my solution for the Northern Desert challenge in text.

My solution for the Northern Desert challenge: Orc Warlord.

Preps:
Dwarven Gauntlets
Quicksilver, Strength, Reflexes, Schadenfreude
Extra Attack
Compression
JJ
Patches
VT
Apothecary

Shop items of note:
Fine Sword
Agnostic's Collar I was shy on cash for
Schadenfreude, Burn Salve, Fortitude pot

Deities:
JJ
Pactmaker
GG

Subdungeon:
WIZARD.EXE

Playthrough notes:
Don't worship JJ, just deal with Patches as best I can. Start the first few levels exploring, converting glyphs as I go. Find GG, make note of it. Grab Concensus + Body Pact from Pactmaker, probably not worth it! Eventually get two four level higher kills by making use of midfight dings. Patches is a tremendous jerk, only giving me one hit of resists and attack%.
Kill Aequitas pretty easily, fireball Tower of Goo until I hit level nine. Join GG's religion, get some Cleansing in. Once I run out of mana for CYDSTEPP and inventory space for Cleansing (which thankfully happens at the same time) I turn CYDSTEPP into two PROTECT.EXEs, convert some crap for one more Cleansing, and kill Tower of Goo.
lieronet

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons