[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Weekly Challenge Run Videos!

Weekly Challenge Run Videos!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Weekly Challenge Run Videos!

Postby berpdreyfuss on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:45 am

I was thinking of crusader, tinker, transmuter and the monster classes.

I would prefer hard dungeons to vicious because of spoilers for people who haven't played them and I think there can be good challenges in the hard dungeons with the right limitations.
berpdreyfuss

Postby The Avatar on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:49 am

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:54 am

I think Orb of Zot + Whuppaz would be more valuable than a yendor since there already is one. That + elite items for a chance at 2 yendors.
I haven't tried this run, what I did try was a "Kill only lvl 10s run on Naga city. . .but I was lvl 5 before I went downstairs and I actually think I could have won if I had handled knockback a bit better or if Frank and SMM hadn't shown up at the same time.
http://www.youtube.com/JayPlaysIndieGames
Check out the Desktop Dungeons Review, let's play, and tutorials :)
JayPlaysIndieGames

Postby The Avatar on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:58 am

Also, as long as were having a mini-strategy discussion, a prepped Binlor for free knockback, stone form, and 50 piety after conversion (into any non-punishing arena god like MA or EM), or EM for an INCREDIBLE amount of vine form.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:08 am

How about you guys do either transmuter or crusader? Transmuter is probably fun to watch if both of you have no clue how to play him and it devolves into an epic kitchen sinking (since if you don't kow how to play him it's like he has no class abilities). Crusader likewise spawns 4 altars and no two runs are ever the same because of it and you get to show off different strats?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby TheSchachter on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:16 am

Interesting suggestions! Personally, I find that Purist Fighter runs in Grimm's Grotto tend to be rather exciting, and they tend to give very different results depending on how kind the RNG is to you :) I'd also like to keep doing more Purist + Miser runs of different Hard dungeons, those are always interesting. I'd love to do Vicious dungeons, but those are rather long, and given how much I tend to stutter and fumble during Hard runs commentary, I feel like watching me play through a vicious dungeon would be rather painful :P

Lujo: I think I'm decent with the Transmuter? I mean, he's not my best, but I was also confident enough in the class that I got my second victory in the Demonic Library with it... still, I agree it's a very fun class, that can give very varied runs. I'd quite like to do some, actually. This is making me think that monster class challenges might be fun too (although there's some pretty ridiculous power to be found there).

If we're doing anything Warmonger + Faithless, Goatperson or Vicious Token, it'd be good to agree to it fairly early in the week, since (speaking only for myself) those require a fair bit of practice/preparation. I'm not so good with the Goatperson (I mainly play it in Purist Den of Danger runs) and I rarely play with the Vicious Token (not a huge fan of the inflated monster stats). I'll still gladly participate in them, I'm just kinda bad at those.

(Or we can just try to repeatedly run Warmonger + Faithless (no boons) Goatperson Vicious Token in VGT and see how long it takes before one of us breaks XD)

Speaking of Naga City, sending a Monk there finally made me *feel* how amazing that class can be. I've never had such an easy time in the Spider Arena before. WOW. (Granted my upstairs shop pool was pretty excellent, but still)
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Sidestepper on Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:09 am

I'd recommend against Faithless + Warmonger. Both badges severely narrow the solution space and the two of them together can easily create frustrating and unsolvable games. A Warmonger who encounters Tower of Goo or the Tormented One can sometimes still rescue the situation with an emergency conversion to Glowing Guardian or Binlor, and Bleaty can be circumvented by Tikki Tooki or Taurog. With neither gods nor glyphs, those three bosses will shut you out of the game unless your preparation kit is built around hedging against them (Really Big Sword + Namtar's Ward, for example).
Sidestepper

Postby Waldo0 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:32 pm

I still can't clear VGT with Goatperson. Do you guys want to try?
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:38 pm

I still can't clear VGT at all :) So no
http://www.youtube.com/JayPlaysIndieGames
Check out the Desktop Dungeons Review, let's play, and tutorials :)
JayPlaysIndieGames

Postby TheSchachter on Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:12 am

Hahaha, I was definitely joking with the Warmonger Goatperson VT VGT comment. I myself only have two wins in VGT (Rogue and Vampire). I should attempt it more often (I do like it!), but the dungeon is a huge time sink, especially when you're not that experienced with it.
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons