[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Weekly Challenge Run Videos!

Weekly Challenge Run Videos!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Weekly Challenge Run Videos!

Postby Blovski on Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:15 pm

OK, I've done a winning run - feeling a bit too under the weather to try recording and I am terrible at taking enough screenshots for a proper run (I have some, not enough) but I'll post a little explanation of the strat with the few screenshots I have and how it worked in practice when you guys have got videos up. Took two attempts but not too rough.

So, it is certainly doable ;)

Edit: OK, I definitely need to get a better microphone than the inbuilt one before I try videos. I managed to record something but I sounded like a small child sobbing in the distance under the game music :roll: Also I keep getting distracted and making sound effects, swearing and extolling the virtues of things before getting shafted by them on account of forgetting which badges I'm going for.
Blovski

Postby TheSchachter on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:19 am

Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby lieronet on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:48 pm

Pulled it off, my strategy involved pointedly avoiding worshipping JJ. Didn't get it recorded, I'll try to get it recorded if not worshipping JJ is admissable (restrictions only say he has to be prepped...)
lieronet

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:13 pm

http://www.youtube.com/JayPlaysIndieGames
Check out the Desktop Dungeons Review, let's play, and tutorials :)
JayPlaysIndieGames

Postby Blovski on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:29 pm

Hmmmm, interested in what cheese you're going for Jay. I think I've got something that's pretty much a 100% guaranteed win as well. I have a recording but the commentary doesn't pick up on my mic so I'll have to annotate it or something.
Blovski

Postby berpdreyfuss on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:57 pm

I also did it. Was a lot harder for me than the last one, but made me learn a lot about JJ. :)

And yes, my prepping a god suggestion implied that you worship him immediately.

To catch up, here's my wizard gnome purist miser shifting passages run end screen from last week:

berpdreyfuss

Postby TheSchachter on Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:39 am

Okay, so it's technically been Friday for three hours here, so I'm gonna go ahead and post the video, since it seems everyone has already had a shot at it. I won't reveal the strategy here just in case, maybe we can all discuss this later tomorrow (today) and have a laugh :)

http://youtu.be/w1kb33o2UDk

Anyway, the video's kind of long. You can easily tell I almost never play with the Vicious Token and that my brain is going "Northern Desert lol" rather than carefully thinking about every move. In any case, courtesy of sleep deprivation, you get to watch me do things in the wrong order constantly, waste a ton of blackspace while poisoned MORE THAN ONCE, and generally not paying attention... I'll let you judge the results ;) Hope this isn't too painful to watch for our veteran audience...
Last edited by TheSchachter on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Nurator on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:30 am

Now its friday and I got an idea for a Challenge Run all week^^ I think its pretty hard, so I post it early, so you can have a whole week at it:

Dungeon: Magma Mines
Class: Rogue

Preps MUST include:
-Really Big Sword
-Tikki Tokki

Only challenge here: You have to worship TT before you kill a monster and cannot convert out. You also cannot convert RBS.

I have no idea if this is really doable but it is kinda crazy :D
Nurator

Postby berpdreyfuss on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:46 am

I won't be online for the weekend, so here's my result screen. I went with a gnome wizard once again and used the agnostic collar to get early mana boosts.

Random mana burns screwed me the first two tries, in this run I found a keg of mana which helped.

And of course I forgot about whupaz as always.
berpdreyfuss

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:59 pm

@Nurator: I accept. You can actually beat basically any non-vicious dungeon with that set up and a little thought.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons