[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Again! Again! (Berserker Silver)

Again! Again! (Berserker Silver)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Again! Again! (Berserker Silver)

Postby TwinBladeWarrior on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:29 am

I humbly seek advice from the masters

Does anyone have any advice for me on how to go about this challenge? i got the boss down to about 150 and ran out of resources

There just seems to be layers of annoying features
everything blinks
its a maze (my least favourite type of dungeon by far)
enemies never spawn near the centre, I've wasted over half my regen just finding a single level 1 and on the latest run 90% of it finding 3 monsters total
also it seems there are very very few enemies i mean about 2 of each level up to 4 then 1 per level even with the exp bonus its just not enough to get high level

I think I'm supposed to use the bear mace but it just makes it harder as enemies end up pushed into blackspace
boss damage increases as you hit him, do i need more base damage before starting the fight to avoid some damage?

and i was feeling so confident after returning to DD and finding myself doing surprisingly well in most dungeons
TwinBladeWarrior

Re: Again! Again! (Berserker Silver)

Postby Galefury on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:09 pm

Use your juice well, and keep one to get the last hit against the boss. I think I did it with some other item, but bear mace should help a lot, the enemies would blink anyway, and it will open up the level. Good shop spawns help a lot too.
Galefury

Postby Lujo on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:54 pm

I just tried it and I couldn't od it in several tries. Hmmm.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Wargasm on Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:44 pm

Krussh do this last week. Krussh mighty Orc with big furry mace. Krussh send enemies crashing into walls and each other. Very funny. Krussh make sure to bring lots of juice with him. Tastes like horse piss, and that make Krussh angry. When Krussh angry, Krussh very fast and strong. Sometimes after drinking juice, Krussh run around in darkness and feel better before hitting things. Krussh make sure to kill things bigger than him when he can. More glory. Krussh not bother with puny "lehvulwans" unless he accidentally swat them in passing. Waste of Krussh's time unless Krussh so big and angry he can eat them like popcorn. Krussh make sure he save some juice for big bossy monster at end. Krussh have friend Smassh who also good at this, he be a Dwarf.
Wargasm

Postby Urthop on Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Hm, can't recall having a lot of trouble with this one, and I didn't even prep a bear mace. Just make good use of the juice, for the experience and damage bonus and first strike to kill enemies that should be way out of your league and you should be good. Boss should be fairly easy if you prep a mid fight level up.
Urthop

Postby Lujo on Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:31 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Wargasm on Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:04 pm

Wargasm

Postby TheSchachter on Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:10 pm

Just gave it a quick run, was trickier than I remembered. A few thoughts outside of the advice given already:

-I had to use 2 health potions at level 1, because of poison plants and the only level 2 monster I could find being a snake. I still ended up with spare health portions afterwards.
-I won at level 7-ding-8, seemed perfect for this challenge.
-I played as an Orc but didn't convert anything. Instead I got Dwarven Gaunlets around level 4-5. Not sure what to make of that, but I'm sure the extra attack was really useful.
-I was at my best when I had the majority of the dungeon explored, with some leftover for regeneration. Prioritize Dings, that's what the courage juice is for.
-I definitely agree that bear mace is the way to go.
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby TwinBladeWarrior on Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:49 pm

So I did it
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =197923327
all the advice was good

I got a good set of high level magic attackers to kill for exp and it was actually pretty easy
I must have been having some bad runs

Next I tried Rouge silver. think i'm gonna need whupaz to win that one
TwinBladeWarrior

Postby Urthop on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:03 pm

Urthop

Return to Desktop Dungeons