You know you've learned to properly abuse the piety system..

All things Desktop Dungeons

You know you've learned to properly abuse the piety system..

Postby Wargasm on Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:03 pm

When you finished Dragon Isles as a Halfling Priest.

Of Dracul.

Without ever having been punished.

(This message paid for by the "Dracul is FREAKING AWESOME" campaign.)
Wargasm

Re: You know you've learned to properly abuse the piety syst

Postby Lujo on Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:58 pm

You didn't by any chance use your obscene supply of health potions to pull a bunch of piety out of thin air and thus allowed yourself to grab a bunch of piety farming boons right off the bat?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Re: You know you've learned to properly abuse the piety syst

Postby Wargasm on Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:26 pm

Well, what I did was not follow Dracul until I removed all the undead (heavy Zombie draw) from topside. But my starting piety from having killed half of everything else and then proceeding to kill everything else permitted me to steadily use both HALPMEH and my obscene supply of potions along with drinking blood pools and a timely conversion of said HALPMEH glyph (both for piety to drink a potion and another potion) allowed me what was very probably the easiest Vicious win I've had since before the boss's guards weren't Cursed to screw Berserkers. I think I had three prestige levels when it was all said and done.

In other news, my plan for VGT is a Gnome Bloodmage of Dracul. I intend to do obscene things to the rules of the game. VGT was the one thing I never finished in my original profile that had the enormous setback. (Aside from Explorer guild quests, which didn't exist at the time.) Currently working on unlocking the three monster races. Need to eventually get all those exclusion slots so I can exclude Venom Dagger and other stuff I never use. Also, need more locker slots. Six isn't near enough. Once I get the classes all unlocks I'm going to do fire dungeons and PQIs until my eyes bleed. FOR GOLD!

EDIT: I have to also give credit in that this is the first game of this sort where gold was still meaningful after I've technically beaten the game. Most games, money matters for the first half and then is spilling from everywhere until you have nowhere to put it. See; any JRPG, Diablo I/II, any Bioware game, et cetera.
Wargasm

Return to Desktop Dungeons