[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Triple Quest 3 - some questions *Spoilers*

Triple Quest 3 - some questions *Spoilers*

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Triple Quest 3 - some questions *Spoilers*

Postby lolQuaff on Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:30 am

lolQuaff

Postby lordatog on Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:35 am

spoiler* Yeah, I was only fireballing when they all had 70+ attack. Happened often enough that I ran out, though. Now that I know what I'm up against, I can make a properly informed run. 3-2 is still a problem - I have got to find a better way to do it/
lordatog

Postby lolQuaff on Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:15 am

As far as 3-2 goes.... THE PAIN!!!

I'm getting better at it. I have a better idea of what I need and what I should be doing. Avatar described it best, it just requires airtight leveling and skill. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite dungeons in the game. It's simple yet very tough.

Do I take a 2-level higher kill or waste a good amount of blackspace searching for/executing a 3 level higher kill? Do I settle for a one level higher kill because there is nothing else in sight and I'm running low on space? When do I start in on the boss? Decisions like these are so common in this game and as you get better they become easier, but in this dungeon the decisions are frequently close and difficult to make. If you fuck up and make mistakes you probably aren't going to win. Of course you will get luckier layouts than others, but what it really boils down to is your strategy and how well you execute it. It's such a well-balanced difficult map.

I've bounced back and forth between prepping Namtar's Ward and the Dragon Shield. Namtar's ward is awesome for part 2 in both the leveling phase and the boss fight, but the Dragon Shield is ideal for part 3. In my successful run in part 3 I had Namtar's Ward. It's just so helpful for part 2 that I wasted minimal resources there. It's also really strong for the leveling phase in part 3 but becomes trash later on.

I feel like for me right now Namtar's ward is the better choice, at least until I get good enough at doing part 2 to where I can succeed consistently with the Dragon Shield. Maybe it's just the better choice overall? I dunno. It was still very useful for part 3 so for now I'm fine with it. My mind is open to other options as well.

Dragon soul is my most wanted item for sure. Small slot and it's just always awesome, but it really shines in part 2. Fireheart is real good as well and helps a lot in part 3.

Ideal glyphs for me for part 2 is imawal/endiswall. imawal without endiswall though and you can run into shitty situations like in the screen shot above :D
lolQuaff

Postby lolQuaff on Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:14 pm

Got it! Epic epic epic. Came down to the wire. Forgot to go windowed to get the screenshot though :(

These triple quests are just so good. Kudos to the devs for creating such awesomeness. I hope this game sells millions, you guys deserve it :D
lolQuaff

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:43 pm

Heh, I don't think anyone has figured out the magic strat I used to wipe up the avatar's. If you've already won and you are curious:Platemail. The item is ridiculously good. A lot of the time (at least when you have all 5 avatars left) one of the choices won't even hurt you, and since you prep the dragon shield those that do more than twenty don't even do too much themselves. In tandem with the dragon soul it is just too powerful.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby lolQuaff on Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:11 pm

lolQuaff

Postby The Avatar on Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:12 pm

Nice! That is pretty epic. Although *SPOILERS* You actually can use the Lifesteal Blade too as long as it shows up on the 3rd mission. Just purchase it when you have zero piety, convert it when you will have a lot of excess piety, and abuse it in the meantime. It just didn't happen to show on my run.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby lordatog on Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:19 pm

And done! These triple quests are pretty excellent.

spoilers* I brought the Dragon Shield, picked up Dwarven Gauntlets, Dragon Soul, and Taurog's sword and armor, and went into 3-3 with 2 health potions, 1 schadenfruede, and both reflex and quicksilver left over. Found GG right off, and pretty much wrecked the place. The Avatars behaved well, and I was able to get the last four all down to almost dead at the same time. It was one-sided enough that I probably could have won even without the free piety refills on each kill. Really, if you bring a Dragon Shield, 3-2 is the hard part, and 3-3 should go down easily enough if you can get there. If you bring the Ward, then getting to 3-3 isn't bad, but beating it will be very rough.
lordatog

Postby TheSchachter on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:07 am

*SPOILERS*
Has the quest actually been beaten by preparing Namtar's ward? If so, I'm impressed, I assumed Dragon Shield was a must for part 3. I've always wanted Platemail in part 3, but I really can't imagine doing dungeon 2 with permaslow (otherwise I'd consider bringing the RBS... though inventory would also be a concern). I don't think platemail ever spawned at an appropriate moment... or if it did, I didn't have the gold for it 'cause I needed some conversion junk in part 2. The Fire Heart ended up being really useful for both part 2 and 3, though. It charges healing as you heal yourself, and it's also good for dealing with all of those deathgaze enemies in part 2. I also hadn't considered the Lifesteal blade... I guess I don't push the Paladin hard enough.
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby grimskallen on Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:22 pm

Marking all these as spoilers, as it could give away an idea that others might want to find or their own.

grimskallen

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons