[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Race trait display

Race trait display

All things Desktop Dungeons

Race trait display

Postby flap on Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:58 am

I am wondering : is it obvious to every player that the race trait is displayed while hovering over the converting points ?

I tell this, because while playing the puzzle involving the conversion of some glyph starting with a W, I had totally forgotten that I was playing with a human, I thought that might benefit would be limited to the 5 mana points. So maybe for consistency there should be an icon for that race trait together with class ones.

Or a tutorial that have the new player hover over every part of the right panel (Hmm. It might be there, but then I went too quick...)
flap

Re: Race trait display

Postby michal.lewtak on Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:11 am

Those would be too many icons already!
Speaking of the icons, we need a different icon for death protection and other effects that currently have its icon, and we need numbers on some of the icons where appropriate (for example, I want to know my physical resistance without hovering over the icon).
Unrelated suggestion: Create some shortcut keys for some of the gods' boons that one uses frequently, like Taurog's death protection boon and that Guardian's boon that lets us kill an enemy for piety.
michal.lewtak

Postby increpare on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:40 am

increpare

Postby dislekcia on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:13 am

The effect icons were pretty much all made during a mad rush before GDC on a kitchen table in San Jose. We're recycling them like crazy at the moment, but there will be another round of making more/fixing some of the confusing ones.

Sorry about that.
dislekcia

Return to Desktop Dungeons