I forgot just how annoying Naga City is.

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: I forgot just how annoying Naga City is.

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:15 pm

Hmm I just checked my old kingdom and I beat it with thief, rogue, and paladin. I doubt I did much regen fighting with the rogue, but it has been a awhile since I've been there so who knows.
http://www.youtube.com/JayPlaysIndieGames
Check out the Desktop Dungeons Review, let's play, and tutorials :)
JayPlaysIndieGames

Postby FDru on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:45 pm

In my current playthrough I did it with a Paladin, Wizard and Half-Dragon. All Orcs, all Binlor (uh, except Half-Dragon which is unfortunately not an Orc). Pretty much knockback + free magic resists FTW.
FDru

Postby Blovski on Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:15 am

Crusader, Half-Dragon (with Parched) and Berserker (with Warmonger) this run. Almost had a purist rogue but it crashed : (
Blovski

Postby Wargasm on Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:12 am

Just got the Orc Monk victory. Didn't get the dagger OR HALPMEH, actually. Did get Midas Gloves, Crystal Ball, and used JJ prep. Two Health boosts, a Mana boost, Dragon Shield prep, and a well-timed Chaos Avatar did the trick, along with 84 piety Last Chance. That's why JJ can get away with having a large prep penalty; the key to JJ is getting him early. Guaranteeing him near your start position makes him worth almost anything, despite having what's probably the second highest prep cost after Tikki Tooki.

EDIT: And there's the "that was laughably easy" Goblin Assassin of Tikki Tooki with Yendor prepped run. 2x Edge, Dodging, Reflexes, a Poison level, descent with 96 piety, convert to MA, proceed to embarrass the lower level. Bonus points; I got the graveyard subdungeon with free Elven Boots. 20 mana + Mystic Balance = awful waffle rofl.

Wargasm

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons