[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Hints for vicious dungeons?

Hints for vicious dungeons?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Hints for vicious dungeons?

Postby The Avatar on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:54 pm

It works best for strats that use potions to level or anyone with the alchemists scroll, but I personally prefer a fine sword.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby OneMoreNameless on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:58 pm

OneMoreNameless

Postby Darvin on Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:20 am

There are plenty of people who swear by the blacksmith sword (+2 attack), and the Trisword is strictly superior. I'd agree it isn't locker-worthy anymore (if you could somehow get both Trisword and Alchemist's Scroll that'd be kickass, but that requires too much luck seeing as they come from two different item pools) but it's still a good item.
Darvin

Postby Sidestepper on Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:51 am

I miss the old Dorkling builds. The Trisword nerf was for the best, but my goodness the Dorkling was so fun.
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:11 am

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Blovski on Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:40 pm

My beloved Healthmonster has returned to me :D had >300 hp, and unstoppable parched on DI including killing everything in the subdungeon with physical damage only is always a gas :)

I do kind of feel like Enlightenment is a bit underwhelming for the piety cost now Absolution got its deserved nerf. I mean, it's the same cost it was when you'd reliably have 10-15 beads from Absolution alone and now it's pretty rare to have 15+ beads total. Feel it should either be 80 piety/64 for Paladins like Chaos Avatar or add another +1% resists/+1% damage or something per bead.
Blovski

Postby Wargasm on Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:35 pm

I think I've used Enlightenment once ever.

Spoiler below.

Heck, even the puzzle with a sign that mentions the path to Enlightenment isn't solved with Enlightenment. You know a capstone boon is pretty bad when it can't be used to solve its own puzzles.
Wargasm

Postby Darvin on Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:57 pm

Enlightenment is still pretty awesome; only one other deity can actually give you +5 max MP, and he's not as easy to work with as GG. I'd agree a price decrease is probably in order, but it's better than a lot of other boons. Probably up there with Stone Heart in the realms of "overnerfed, but still usable". For a Paladin who can't convert out, it's a pretty good deal at 80 piety.
Darvin

Postby Wargasm on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:02 pm

Hm? I've gotten +5 max MP with both MA and JJ before.
Wargasm

Postby Darvin on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:39 pm

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons