[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Sign confirmation which prevents character from death

Sign confirmation which prevents character from death

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Sign confirmation which prevents character from death

Postby OneMoreNameless on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:19 pm

That desecrating an altar would piss off the god in question felt pretty intuitive when I started playing. And unlike deliberately suiciding, desecrating altars comes up as routine part of gameplay (moreso with the Agnostic's Collar unlocked) so the generic confirmation window actually can be a nuisance or feel insulting when you're asked yet again if you really wanted to piss off the gods and look I have the Collar right there don't lie to me, game.

It's amusingly inconsistent, if nothing else.
OneMoreNameless

Postby Wargasm on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:27 pm

So do you have anything left to contribute other than thinly-veiled complaints, or are you going to nag about this until your dying breath because you didn't get your way?
Wargasm

Postby OneMoreNameless on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:45 pm

OneMoreNameless

Postby Wargasm on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:52 pm

Wargasm

Postby Lujo on Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:56 am

Err, I think the JJ desecration warning is left behind from the time when his punishment was that you dropped dead. It was sort of needed because you'd get no warning, no way to know what's coming other than having desecrated the altar and you'd click on something and drop dead (50% chance). Was way more severe than other gods (or anything else in the game) so noone could realisticaly expect it.

The current desecration penalty is sorta severe but not that severe that it'd need a warning (personally I've gambled on it and took it to the face rather more often than surviving a GG penalty). It was changed, I believe, due to considerations that the old penalty was way too much of a gamble for the reward and pretty much ment you're down an altar as far as desecration is concerned which just wasn't the case with any other guy.

Also, why and how in the world is this discussion still going on? Don't make me textwall you guys to death, because if I do there'll be a nice article present in the thread which settles it for anyone who reads it covering everything. Then whoever keeps it up is either iliterate or childish.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby dislekcia on Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:02 pm

dislekcia

Postby Zaratustra on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:54 am

It's certainly not fun to have an extended fight with Super Meat Man and your finger slips just once aYOU DIED
Zaratustra

Postby Waldo0 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:39 am

How about adding UNDO button for casual players?
Hardcore players can turn on and turn off the function! Problem solved!

STOP POSTING HERE GUYS!!!! This debate was ended for a long time ago.
Waldo0

Postby Wargasm on Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:18 am

Ah, hypocrisy at its finest.

Nevermind that by adding such an option, they also have to implement a visual mark of some kind that would show up in screencaps to prove that the undo option was never enabled during a run, or we immediately have to question the validity of all claims of difficult accomplishments. Not to mention unless Steam were specifically set up to tell the difference, people could get all the achievements with undos.
Wargasm

Postby The Avatar on Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:34 am

That was uncalled for Wargasm. Waldo0, the problem with an undo button is that it doesn't work with dodge. Then "casual" players will either not play rogues for risk of suicide or ask for an undo button with dodge which is utterly abusable. Also, isn't this whole debate over because there is more than one way to select?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons