[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Sign confirmation which prevents character from death

Sign confirmation which prevents character from death

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Sign confirmation which prevents character from death

Postby Sidestepper on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:32 am

Sidestepper

Postby OneMoreNameless on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:05 pm

OneMoreNameless

Postby Wargasm on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:37 pm

Wargasm

Postby Lujo on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:50 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Robotrek1000 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:22 pm

Robotrek1000

Postby Lujo on Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:45 pm

Clicking on something that sayes "Death" and flashes the screen at you doesn't teach you anything, that's true. What it's supposed to teach you is to not bloody do it and do anything else. Why didn't it teach you that? Not clicking on stuff that will kill you is an incredibly usefull skill - it teaches you to click anything else and everything else leads you to killing the boss.

I mean, the one-click death is unfair and probably not very smart as far as sellling the game to humans as opposed to lab rats is concerned, that's true, but how in the world are you dieing so much?
Lujo

Postby Wargasm on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:13 pm

I want to play Minesweeper, click on a mine, and not die.
I want to play Mario games and have to run into everything twice before I take damage.
I want to play Castlevania games where no monster's first hit counts.

Sorry, guy. You're asking for ridiculously-super-easy-mode, and that's not this game. It's not going to be this game. I'm not sure why you thought it would be this game, because this game is advertised as a Rogue-like. Most of us here are or have been Rogue-like players, where one click can cost you a character you've spent months on, *without* any warning, and it's a permanent death too. You're not apt to get sympathy because you're watching telly while you're playing and can't be bothered to pay attention.

It goes like this;

If you can't be bothered to pay attention, you're not taking the game seriously. That's fine.
We take the game seriously, and that's also fine.
You're asking for the game to be altered to suit you - personally - not a class or type of player, but SPECIFICALLY YOU, and to alter our experience along with it. By what right do you, someone who admits they don't take the game seriously, have to dictate how we who take the game seriously play it or should play it?

That would be like me going to a sporting event and telling the referees they need to change how the game is played for my amusement when I'm just a spectator there. "Oh, I'd prefer the boxers didn't use gloves." Nevermind I'm not the one at risk for injury, and that that's simply how boxing is done, I'd be walking trying to change that just to suit me.

That's what you're doing here.

And it's not going to happen. Sorry. End of story. You can start taking it seriously and paying attention, and you'll die a lot less anyhow, or you can start looking for another game. This isn't going to be Care Bear Dungeons.
Wargasm

Postby Robotrek1000 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:52 pm

Robotrek1000

Postby Robotrek1000 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:56 pm

Robotrek1000

Postby Lujo on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:07 pm

Last edited by Lujo on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons