[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Vicious Supreme Slayer

Vicious Supreme Slayer

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Vicious Supreme Slayer

Postby Naoya on Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:23 pm

Contribution time!

That's what I'm doing if I need money :) Well, not really, but I did buy a new lockerslot afterwards.
Plain old Warlord stacking dodges, DP's, and basedamage with a bit of knockback - admittedly, this only worked because Medusa's HP are so low. I barely had enough to pull this of (especially since my Piety went zero at some point, so lvl ups would have been difficult), and pretty much dealt just enough damage to kill her, and not a single Healthpoint more.
Against every other boss this probably would have failed. But eh, its vicious token, and I touched nothing else, so I'm happy with it. It also showed me just how strong the T3 potions are, especially on a Warlord.
Naoya

Postby Nurator on Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:41 pm

Congrats to you, FDru and Naoya!

And I want to see that pulle off in Demonic Library, Avatar :D

Can anyone do Rogue?
Nurator

Postby Lujo on Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:51 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:18 pm

DL a level 1 boss kill is pretty easy with VT, the bosses don't even have that much hp. The Avatar with 1908 hp is a bit ridiculous, but with PISORF it is entirely doable. Assuming you can whittle The Avatar's 25% physical resists off and whupaz+2 normal hit him, a level 10 wizard with 50 base damage needs 52 PISORFs to kill or 156 mana. As an elf who can reach 25 mana AT LEAST with preps which has 2 shadenfreudes and 4 mana potions, that totals 115 of that mana off the bat. That leaves 41 mana. With one mid-fight level up (Yendor) and two clearances that does it.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:32 pm

What about resource investiture of going for a lvl1 kill (apart from lvl1 bosskill being generally easier in DL since the bossess don't really have lvl10 stats (or even lvl9 stats)? Can you reach Avatar with VT after a lvl1 boss kill?

You'd have a boatload of popcorn, thats for sure ^^
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons