[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Steam Achievements

Steam Achievements

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Steam Achievements

Postby Wargasm on Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:36 pm

Hm. Why is getting 1,000 gold in one run not an achievement? Heh. (Got Typhoid Mary this time, since I actually cared enough to get it - sadly, no lifesteal around so I could tick off GG that way.)
Wargasm

Postby Lujo on Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:40 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Wargasm on Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:13 pm

Actually I didn't even prep Binlor; I prepped extra altar and hoped something useful would come up between four of them (EM or GG could have pumped life enough to take a hit under certain circumstances, Tikki could have gotten me several Dodge potions if I could get piety up with desecrations/tributes, EM/MA could have fueled insane fireball spikes, MA/Binlor could lower magic resist..) all depending on what boss spawned.

But yeah, you've more or less got it; my plan was just to be prepared for as many possible bosses as I could with the extra shop scroll and extra altar and I just happened to get a playable draw the second time. The first might even have been if I'd started converting things sooner than I did. Spirit Pact is incredible for L1 kills, I'd have to guess, at least for any strategy relying on your race selection. Orcs just get away with a lot there due to 80 CP threshold.

Sobering thought; imagine what an Elf Wizard could do with Spirit Pact. 30+ mana! That + Crystal Ball = awful waffle rofl.
Wargasm

Postby Lujo on Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:25 pm

Oh, yeah, and you seem to have used a ton of underused stuff - Spirit Pact included! You can't really take a streamlined Orc-Rogue-FabTresure-TT run and refine it much further (apart from noting the best possible subdungeon/shop drops), but your run opens up vistas :) I don't remember anyone walking into an improvised lvl1 bosskill before, it's really something :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Wargasm on Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:43 pm

Well, thanks for all the praise. I know I'll feel like I half understand the game when I get all the Steam achievements and a VGT run under my belt.
Wargasm

Postby Blovski on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:07 pm

I did not know the Berserker camp boss could wind up on the bridge... that added some definite flavour to the faithless boy scout bloodmage run.
Blovski

Postby Wargasm on Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:28 am

I ever mention I love Rogues?
Wargasm

Postby lieronet on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:50 am

In case anyone was still wondering, Pactmaker counts towards Polytheist.
lieronet

Postby Sidestepper on Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:05 am

It's pretty rare to see the Orb of Zot actually get purchased instead of Translocated or prepped. When did you use it?
Sidestepper

Postby Wargasm on Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:39 am

Orb of Zot? No sir, that's a Blue Bead. That's how I kept killing all the L10's; level up, heal as much as mana + Dragon Soul let me, be left with three mana eventually, except +1 per Avatar clone killed. Kept me going quite awhile as you can see. Best use I've ever seen for the Blue Bead.
Wargasm

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons