[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - General-Purpose bragging topic!

General-Purpose bragging topic!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: General-Purpose bragging topic!

Postby Tinker on Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:09 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby DarkDungeoneer1020 on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:11 pm

Not the biggest achievement or anything but:

My first "Vicious" dungeon victory (apologies about the slightly odd screenshot)

Only need two more classes for the Half-Dragon (and thanks to an almost successful run before this i know i can do it easily enough with Crusader)
Desktop Dungeons D.E.R.P ID: Dungeoneer1020
Current Favorite Desktop Dungeons Race/Class Combos: Gnome Sorcerer, Gnome Tinker
Favorite God: TT
My Desktop Dungeons Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMvtEv ... IAVrc1492g
AKA:
Dark
Bad at DD
DarkDungeoneer1020

Postby Tinker on Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:38 am

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:55 am

Overkill time! Yes, finally got what I wanted (my hard work finally paid off! :P):

End Screen to show how much stuff I still had:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 7693D8106/
Victory Screens (2nd one to show the bottom):
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 1C745B5FE/
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 80438B73B/

The second victory screen just shows how much I still had left, converted off Lemissi, 2 Sensation Stones, 2 Wall Crunchers, a bunch of items.

No, I had no advantage against H, ok ... the Vampiric Blade does work beautifully together with dodge from TT. And I am glad to have made the right decision not to level up in the end (I could level up by using the Amulet), would have gotten TT which basically spells doom (but considering I had like close to 100 piety and tons of resources, I might still have made it with TT, maybe ...). Taurog has no issues with blood-drinking and life-stealing, so I decided to stick with him while fighting H.

Got Soul Orb, Halpmeh (negates the bad stuff from Patches), and bought and held on to a Gloves of Midas up to almost the end (combined with Patches, gave enough gold to buy out all shops including the Potion shop). Stone Sigil also helped a lot with earning piety. So, what did I do right this time? Piety-farming with GG, yeah, 2 times, at Levels 8 and 10, I made sure to convert as much food as I could before leveling up away from GG - this gave me close to 100 piety for both occasions to use (got all the right boons from Dracul, got Knockback and Might from Binlor).

Guess I was super lucky this time, and at least I learnt from this run, that for Goat in VGT, you should always convert off food (if you can afford it) when with JJ or GG just before you level up. You never know which god you will get, and all that piety can net you the best boons from the next god, making the rest of the run a walk in the park, :)
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby DarkDungeoneer1020 on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:08 am

Current Favorite Desktop Dungeons Race/Class Combos: Gnome Sorcerer, Gnome Tinker
My Desktop Dungeons Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMvtEv ... IAVrc1492g
AKA:
Dark
Bad at DD
DarkDungeoneer1020

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:17 am

@DarkDungeoneer1020: Thanks! I was lucky plus I have failed enough times to know what are the best decisions to make.

Also, keep going, :) When I first started, I even found normal difficulty dungeons hard, but now I feel quite comfortable, well at least with the dailies and most dungeons. Trust me, you will get better, :)
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby DarkDungeoneer1020 on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:33 am

AKA:
Dark
Bad at DD
DarkDungeoneer1020

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:50 am

Dragon Shield + MR stacking from Binlor Worship, sounds like you already got the best approach to this. All you need is a bit of luck, anything like Apheelsik (or other poison source like Venom Dagger) coupled with Lemissi for using all the blackspace down below.

Pisorf spam also works superbly against the boss. So, getting a Dragon Soul or Crystal Ball from the shop could also help tons (helps with the L9 guards below too).

Do give it a shot and let us know the results. Probably also include a Results Screen, and point out any problems you face, assuming you weren't able to win. Good luck! :)

[Oh, in case you don't know about it. Always keep that last L9, the magic resistant one. Don't kill him, pisorf him to the boss. So that you can benefit from knockback damage when fighting the boss. This also allows you to use Pisorf to deal damage]
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby DarkDungeoneer1020 on Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:00 am

AKA:
Dark
Bad at DD
DarkDungeoneer1020

Postby William on Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:53 pm

"Because Goatperson"
William

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons