[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - General-Purpose bragging topic!

General-Purpose bragging topic!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: General-Purpose bragging topic!

Postby Tinker on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:53 pm

Something changed. I will never be able to look at BYSSEPS the same way as I did before. Yes that's a stack of weakness, that's why final attack is only 234:

EDIT: and the victory score:

EDIT2: I took the next Human Chemist PQI (literally, this is the 19th Human Chemist PQI I got with the new build), it was Parched in Steel, and I went in with JJ at first. It went well, but then I misclicked (I think - I wanted to WEYTWUT a golem into position, and for some reason I attacked it right after the teleportation; which was not ideal as I was L3 and he was L8). So I went back in with choice #2, GG, for the Parched Chemist run. It was also quite good, the map luck was even better, and also the build worked quite optimally. I like the start of the kill streak: +2 / +4 / +4 / +4 / +5 / +0 / +5 :)
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Tinker on Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:21 pm

Victory in Naga City as Gnome Chemist:

I have this deep-seated desire to raze Naga City every once in a while with a Gnome. Even though Elf looks strictly better than Gnome for this run, I still picked the beardy buggers because I kind of dig this whole yeti thing going on with their Chemists. The recipe was a re-iteration of my usual NC recipe: Mystera, mana boosts, and blast everything into smithereens. The only concession I afforded myself was the Alchemists pact, to ensure my Gnome isn't just an over-qualified Schadenfreude potion.

Findings:
1. Farming Mystera piety in Mana form is very easy. Normally I struggle to gain the 4th dot of Magic upstairs. The Chemist easily gets all five plus the other essential boons.
2. Due to fighting the bosses down below in Mana Form, I had no difficulty regenerating my mana in-between bosses. This is normally not so easy, given the limited blackspace, which puts a bigger stress on refills. I wasn't missing refills too much.
3. Due to hemorrhaging Mystera Piety, I had no difficulty reducing resists, because I had everything Mystera has to offer by the time I went into the boss fights. I bought a total of 8 shots of Weakening, 3 against The Iron Man, and 5 against Kinisch.
4. I chanced upon the Crumbling Ward, and I totally think it's a much better item than the Stone Sigil. Better CP value, one-time boost, it's a pity it's sub-only.
5. If all else fails, 10 Mana Potions is still a 100% restoration. I didn't actually have to use Mana Potions for restoration, partially because I found Crystal Ball, but I had a dozen Mana Potions in the end, so I could've triggered several more restores (in fact, I'm confident that I would've easily won also without the Crystal Ball).
6. Potential bug: I don't think the shots of Magic show up in the victory score screen.
Tinker

Postby Astral on Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:35 pm

If I had the option, I'd trade SS for Crumbling Ward within a heartbeat. So much better, sad it can't be lockered.
Those 'mana boosters' in the vic screen are the Magic boons you've taken.
And nice job doing it with the Gnome!
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Lujo on Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:23 am

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Tinker on Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:22 pm

...and then I had the silliest idea. I was wondering, how would an inventory full of shiny, shiny beads look like?

Score screen: http://i.imgur.com/gX6tntm.png
I prepped Crumbling Ward, and I also got the sub that hosts one. Lots of crumbling, I guess. :D
Tinker

Postby Astral on Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:30 pm

I like playing with beads too :)

http://s30.postimg.org/fl0hfr2pd/sacred.png

Too bad I was miser at the time to convert my potions, otherwise I could have made a better looking symbol.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Tinker on Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:44 pm

Here's a braggy victory screen. It's only DD and the bosses turned out to be both very easy. Nevertheless I find it quite beautiful:

Tinker

Postby The Tapir on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:25 am

With the completion of Namtar's Lair today, I have now completed every dungeon in the game at least once, an achievement I've been working towards for a long time. Between account wipes and (multiple) frustrating crashes, I finally managed to pull through and get Demonic Library and NL finished for the oh-so-sought-after codex and Namtar's ward. I guess at this point I've got to work at getting more completions on all dungeons, especially vicious ones, if I really want the completion I'm chasing after.
The Tapir

Postby Lujo on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:43 am

^ What did you use in the end? :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Tapir on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:47 am

The Tapir

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons