[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - General-Purpose bragging topic!

General-Purpose bragging topic!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: General-Purpose bragging topic!

Postby AvovA17 on Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:08 pm

AvovA17

Postby Spleen on Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:09 pm

Spleen

Postby thzfunnymzn on Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:33 pm

thzfunnymzn

Postby srid on Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:35 pm

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby Spleen on Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:33 pm

Last edited by Spleen on Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spleen

Postby srid on Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:55 pm

I think I usually went Vampire for Warmonger in Vicious Dungeons.
For Hard dungeons I did PQIs.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

srid

Postby thzfunnymzn on Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:43 pm

Gonna have to try me some Dwarf Bloodmage all over the Vicious dungeons then. Looks like I've been playing chicken too much.

You can do Chemist Warmonger? Well, I guess Health form for regen fighting. Huh. Will probably pass on that one. Maybe I'm just not creative enough with my build strats. > _ >
thzfunnymzn

Postby shade_of_ox on Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:32 am

Whenever I see a strategy I like, the first thing I try is to push it as far as I can. It's a good way to see the limits of all the races and classes, so I suggest you also try that.
shade_of_ox

Postby sj121 on Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:54 pm

In another thread I was recently discussing high conversion playstyles with srid, and wanted to post a recent game example in a more appropriate location (even though this isn't a super noteworthy run to brag about). This wasn't a terribly difficult dungeon (Cursed Oasis), (was doing burning dungeon for cash and wanted to pick up faithless at the same time), but it felt good hitting 6 stacks of Vampiric Strike at level 1:

Even without quest item prep, finding gloves of midas, or a gold boosting prep, I was able to buy and convert Viper Ward, Rock Heart, and Bloody Sigil very early. As discussed in other thread, these type of shop finds are more or less typical for my runs, since they're made much more likely with my quest item unlock order. Combined with a sensation stone prep, 2 glyph conversions, and finding the blacksmith subdungeon, I got really strong at level 1, which let me roll through Cursed oasis getting both unstoppable and feeling parched without much effort in a dungeon that strongly resists what I perceive as the more common vampire playstyle (dragon shield prep + platemail, especially if you're bringing the slow strike blacksmith prep), and without either of what I view as the "best" vampire glyphs (HALPMEH and GETINDERE).

Since srid seemed interested in seeing how this plays out in Extreme Edition, I'll be sure to post some Curious runs and/or mod dungeons after I get it installed on this PC (which I probably won't do until I have enough money to buy all locker and return slots to be able to control the extra items the mod introduces better). I recently switched from linux to windows when old PC died (didn't have backups :o ) so I'm still slowly getting my gold built up and trying to re-rainbow as many things as possible while chasing the burning dungeon around.

EDIT: Not sure why the images aren't working. I'll try to figure it out later and update this post
sj121

Postby srid on Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:56 pm

Usually, uploading images on Imgur and pasting the link works fine.
When you prep Sensation Stone, which Seal do you take? Translocation or Transmutation?

srid

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons