[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - General-Purpose bragging topic!

General-Purpose bragging topic!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: General-Purpose bragging topic!

Postby Tinker on Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:05 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby eastless on Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:57 am

Did I say something rude? I just laughed, because it's really funny. Yes, I'm sure, it's a milestone and epic etc, but still.
(You still have to do it Purist, why do the same run twice? Okay, you can do Purist with Wizard, but then how to make Hoarder? Paladin, Tinker? Please.)
Let's talk about this run then. What do we see? First — Gelatinous guy at first floor. But Meat Loaf picked up after 9 (!) refills. That's 60-70 wasted hp. Next, 2nd floor — Cursed Dragon, 3rd — Illusion. This is VERY lucky! And what do we see then? Converting TO EARTHMOTHER? In VGT? Seriously? Just to get some edge vs Dragon Elite? That is mistake. Huge and unforgivable. Such a waste of piety. Then, converting BACK to Taurog? Why? For what? He took armour already, now Taurog is useless. Okay, at least not to JJ or TT... Then, I see Dracul and immidiate Tithes (NOT BLOOD SHIELD! WHY!?). That means I guess he started drinking blood. At floor 6-7 or so. That is another HUGE mistake. I never, okay, almost never drinking blood before H fight. (Bloodmage or Rat could do that just because they having issues with floors and boss fight is much easier for them, they don't need that much blood for this.) Only in very extreme situations, when there is no choice. That means he did some wrong moves before and had no other choice. Okay, next. Where is Humility? I can't see it. If only he got GG at 9 floor, there is no excuse for that. This is third monstrous mistake — walking through floors without extra hp and damage. Okay, and how about Blood Shield at I guess 9 (!!!) floor? So he did almost all run without 15% resists. Well, yes, this is a feat. And the last one — converting TO GG during H fight FOR PROTECTIONS? Really? This is so unefficient, especially since he had no use of mana (I can't see BYSSEPS or GETINDARE, fireball is almost usless vs 50% resist). Better (and should always) left 2-3 popcorns for Swells.
But yes, making it done after all these faults (and without BYSSEPS) is impressive, I can not dispute this.
eastless

Postby Tinker on Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:32 am

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:11 am

Just like to add a few points, you can't really deduce from the endscreen what's going on exactly and I wouldn't say any decision made is a mistake.

Sometimes, you are forced to take Sanguine first because you desperately need the blood pools to heal. Also, EM can be used (why not?) - probably Green Blood can be handy for curing off Curse stacks, extra mana from Clearance might be all that is needed to continue with the run, extra HP from Vine form to tank hits (Rogues especially need this), etc.

Ok Eastless, so I thought the right thing to do would be to apologize for being rude (intentional or not). I mean the whole point of this forum is for players to share and help each other. What's the point of you posting the comment - only purpose is to make people feel bad, or to boast your own skills.

Shan't say more, just try to heed Tinker's advice, best not to post something that you can keep to yourself (that will potentially hurt people).
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby eastless on Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:31 pm

Okay, I get it, thank you for explaining. I did not want to hurt anyone, just used another model of behavior, you know, from anonymous forums, even without giving any importance to this, automatically. But I won't apologize because I didn't do anything bad. :P The atmosphere here is very friendly and let it remain so, you're right.
And by the way, there was no Green Bloods. EM is useless in VGT! Just because you have to spend mana on IMAWALS instead of fighting, while every! point of mana or hp counts, only Goat can take 2-3 Vine Forms just because converting is free and unexpected.
eastless

Postby DarkDungeoneer1020 on Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:21 pm

All vicious dungeon quests clear! (Besides VGT)
All victory screens: http://imgur.com/a/qyGys
Least difficult to most difficult in my opinion:
Vicious Steel > Dragon Isles = Demonic Library > Namtar's Lair > Naga City

Thanks to these people on the forums for direct help (a lot more people helped indirectly so thanks to everyone here):
~'(^ + ^)'~
Darvin
TheSchachter

Onwards to (maybe) 100% completion! (taking a break from vicious to earn some badges before i try VGT Vampire)
Last edited by DarkDungeoneer1020 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Desktop Dungeons D.E.R.P ID: Dungeoneer1020
Current Favorite Desktop Dungeons Race/Class Combos: Gnome Sorcerer, Gnome Tinker
Favorite God: TT
My Desktop Dungeons Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMvtEv ... IAVrc1492g
AKA:
Dark
Bad at DD
DarkDungeoneer1020

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:02 pm

~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby DarkDungeoneer1020 on Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:20 pm

Desktop Dungeons D.E.R.P ID: Dungeoneer1020
Current Favorite Desktop Dungeons Race/Class Combos: Gnome Sorcerer, Gnome Tinker
Favorite God: TT
My Desktop Dungeons Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMvtEv ... IAVrc1492g
AKA:
Dark
Bad at DD
DarkDungeoneer1020

Postby William on Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:38 am

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby William on Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:46 am

My third VGT win. I chose another one of the "easy" classes.

Comments about improvements would be appreciated. :)
"Because Goatperson"
William

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons