[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - General-Purpose bragging topic!

General-Purpose bragging topic!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: General-Purpose bragging topic!

Postby Lujo on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:32 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Blovski on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:44 pm

DL is waaaay easier than it used to be. Imagine it with al the minor bosses having something like as many HP again and an extra death protection or two.
Blovski

Postby Lujo on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:49 pm

Lujo

Postby Blovski on Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:21 pm

Quite pleased with getting this one with those badges and those gods and items (/not a Crystal Ball or Dwarven Gauntlets or Getindare or anything). Even though I forgot to fight SMM earlyish.
Last edited by Blovski on Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blovski

Postby OneMoreNameless on Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:27 pm

They might not have a great deal of HP for bosses, but their attack is still high enough to be deadly to most classes that haven't already spent some time powering up. Throwing physical resources at them doesn't seem practical because there are five and you really need to save most for the last actual boss. What I've been worried about is that by the time my hero would be strong enough to reasonably take hits from one, I wouldn't have the blackspace left to safely get through them all. Whereas with the Orb of Zot, their max HP drops low enough that I can ignore their attack altogether and hit them solely with death protections and/or fireball barrages from a low level (4 -> 5 for the first), wasting far less blackspace dealing with the regular enemies and giving me the time to neatly weaken and take them out one by one as I explore.

Well, I'm sure I'll figure out another strategy when I eventually attempt purist.
OneMoreNameless

Postby Lujo on Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:24 pm

Well, I'm proud of this - seemed rather hard, even though I prepped the guitar.

I even mada a mistake right at the beginning and got mystera mad, so everything had extra resists. But I kept going, making compromises, converted all my food at one point as it was the only way to heal, picked something up mid-boss fight while at no food, took no mystic balance (3 weakenings eventually, though), and after what seems like forever I finaly did the old sanguine + bloodswells routine for the end (I actually can't remember the last time I did that).
Lujo

Postby Wargasm on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:57 pm

I remember I was grandstanding about DL a week or two back because a Dwarven Rogue with a Blue Bead let me kill like 30 Avatar spawns, and I hadn't even seen Zot yet. Probably the most non-standard thing I did was at one point be attacking a retaliate: fireball physically and a high physical resist with fireballs at the same time over the course of two dings.
Wargasm

Postby lolQuaff on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:48 pm

lolQuaff

Postby Wargasm on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:49 pm

Second Vicious token win. First without the Balanced Dagger - so it _is_ possible! Man, look at that gold though. Vicious + Burning + Bet on Boss = win.
Wargasm

Postby lolQuaff on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:55 pm

Grats :D VT wins are very satisfying because of how difficult they can be. All the extra gold is just the icing on the cake
lolQuaff

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons