[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - General-Purpose bragging topic!

General-Purpose bragging topic!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: General-Purpose bragging topic!

Postby lieronet on Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:41 am

I realize it's not actually very bragworthy, but I just got Namtar's Ward and holy hell that item just isn't fair.
lieronet

Postby Darvin on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:34 pm

Namtar's Ward is an awesome item. Try it on a Warlord of Mystera. With 16 MP and mystic balance you can CYDSTEPP three times on a prebuff with a full tank of mana and then chain on Namtar's ward for a fourth. Add in a level-up catapult and you've got two more CYDSTEPP castings and another use of Namtar's Ward. It can be trivial to get an assured 10-hit chain, and if you throw refreshment and mana/schadenfreude potions into the mix you're in the same league as the vicious indomitable.
Darvin

Postby TheSchachter on Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:35 am

Now now, getting Namtar's Ward means beating what is arguably the game's second hardest dungeon. That's brag-worthy! :)

(It's easy to forget that when you post on a forum with people who could probably beat the game blindfolded :P)

Darvin, I really like the idea of playing as The Indomitable... it makes me think that the Warlord's armour is actually pretty similar to the Animated Armour, and then I feel like that's a hint to the mysterious origins of the Animated Armours as hinted in the game's lore...
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby harfatum on Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:50 am

I've always thought it'd be neat if bosses gained rather than lost attack as their death protection were stripped.
Have a mug of tea.
harfatum

Postby lolQuaff on Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:24 am

lolQuaff

Postby ArcticMetal on Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:45 pm

I just finished all of the non-explorers guild gold challenges! The Paladin challenge was my last, and I managed to do it on my first try with a human paladin because I stumbled across piercing wand with about 25% exploration left. Still a close victory though!

One of the most difficult ones for me was Priest Gold, I had to keep restarting because the labyrinth RNG kept screwing me over. Not to mention I ended up using too much blackspace usually. Oh, and damn you RNG on Assassin gold, I swear it kept giving me a bunch of level 1 and 2 zombies with no whetwut before that level 5 monstrosity and nothing else. If you do it Goblin and go Taurog->Binlor (for knockback) I think it's one of the easier ones though (once you get out of that damned first half anyhow).

Now the only things I have left are the triple quests and the explorers guild gold challenges! Though, considering how difficult the silver challenges for those were, I'm dreading it :shock:
ArcticMetal

Postby lieronet on Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:05 pm

I AM THE DAMAGE KING

Cursed plants subdungeon + lots of warlocks + silly
lieronet

Postby TheSchachter on Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:50 am

Wow... that's kinda scary, actually. I think the closest I ever got to that was with a mana-boosted Human Transmuter... Or as an Orc Rogue in VGT.

BTW, since you're uploading on Imgur, if you select the option to edit the image, you can modify the size so that it fits nicely into the post. Set the width to 640 and it'll be well adjusted for the forum.

Also, it's been almost two hours here, but Happy New Year everyone!
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Blovski on Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:26 am

Got that half-dragon DI win I've always wanted - and with Parched and Unstoppable thrown in :D

Binlor antics to get 50% resistances, swap to Drac for 65%, then used Blood Curse to improve regen fighting against Firstborn and hit level 10, then the transmutation seal + wonafyt trick, then lemisi-based regen fighting. It was glorious, and pretty lucky. Didn't even need the bloodpools or swells.

Edit: and Vicious Token win on Naga City. 10 Viciousised bosses! I'm on a roll today. A smug roll. :D
Blovski

Postby lolQuaff on Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:01 am

All VGT classes down! (minus a goat)

Now for those elusive badges... :D

lolQuaff

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons