[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - General-Purpose bragging topic!

General-Purpose bragging topic!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: General-Purpose bragging topic!

Postby Tinker on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:31 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby kente on Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:21 pm

kente

Postby mvb on Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:28 pm

I am also on the enhanced edition on steam. I now think that if you take CA when you are below lvl 10 you gain no xp, but if you take it at lvl 10 you will gain the amount of xp it takes to fill your bar. This seems consistent with the screenshots everyone has posted.

I did two runs testing this. On the first I leveled to 10, then took CA for 275 xp. In the second I took CA at level 9, then gained another level, and I earned 230 xp.

mvb

Postby Rob1221 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:21 pm

I finally got all the badges on all non-vicious dungeons and also all classes except goatperson. For the vicious token, most dungeons were completed with the assassin. Prepping Yendor with an assassin along with either TT or JJ pretty much guarantees level 10 from lower level kills only. I start poisoning a boss at level 7 and can usually take one out without using any potions, saving those for any remaining bosses. The dungeon I just got the token in was Havendale Bridge, where I used a gnome assassin of JJ and still finished parched. A rogue was my second most common class for the token, preferring to use Orc and prep GG.
Rob1221

Postby Tinker on Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:07 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Rob1221 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:05 am

I got 10 badges in Naga City, the missing one being the vicious token. Parched was done with an orc mage, hoarder was done with a gorgon, miser was done with a human assassin, warmonger was done with a half-dragon, and purist was done with a dwarf rogue. I've only done it with 9 classes so far but a couple of the hardest ones are done, vampire and rat monarch.
Rob1221

Postby Blovski on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:42 am

The PQI set me up very nicely for my last non-VT badge on Demonic Library. Went with Patches and Transloc + Elite Items. Found Yendar (which I was kinda hoping for), which gives you 4 levels of Patches bonuses with basically just the one debuff. JJ didn't end up having anyone decent to convert into so I just stuck with him for the end game. Halpme was a very helpful glyph.
Blovski

Postby Rob1221 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:34 am

http://i.imgur.com/3y4qBon

VT Naga City completed 8-)

After getting a crappy subdungeon (blackspace only) I wasn't thinking highly of this run, but I decided to go into the arena to practice because I was tired of scumming for the awesome metal spider temple. I took the dwarven gauntlets and venom dagger with me, and my only glyph was BURNDAYRAZ. Well it turns out I underestimated that item combination, which gave me enough regen fighting potential to not use too many potions. I started the arena under Dracul and was able to use two blood swells before needing to use consensus and convert to JJ to avoid potion punishment (and try last chance if needed). Surprisingly I still had a few potions for the boss, which weren't needed because he's a pushover at max magic resist.

I also got the VT in Namtar's Lair, Dragon Isles, and Vicious Steel recently, which were much easier than Naga City and all done in one try with assassins.
Rob1221

Postby Blovski on Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:20 am

Is Wizard Gold meant to be one of the easier golds? Really light compared to the alpha Factory. Just took in a gnome and chewed it up on my first attempt.
Blovski

Postby Blovski on Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:23 am

Blovski

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons