[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - General-Purpose bragging topic!

General-Purpose bragging topic!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: General-Purpose bragging topic!

Postby lieronet on Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:57 pm

Killed Bleaty at level four, woooo

Doing Hoarder PQI as an Orc Pally, decide to roll Binlor. I prep poorly because I'm not familiar with how the build works, and wind up realizing at level four that Bleaty needs to be dead RIGHT NOW for me to win. I pick up a WEYTWUT to prep a knockback monster, then drink a WHUPAZ and a SCHADENFREUDE to clear up space for CYDSTEPP. I get a bit of Binlor piety and start swinging, only drinking one health pot to bring him down. Had a bit of a panic moment on Evolvia, got two hits away when I exhausted all my resources, but there were enough monsters left to get a midfight levelup, saving the run.

All told, PQIs are way more fun than I ever gave them credit for, and definitely are pulling me back into the game.
lieronet

Postby dislekcia on Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:51 am

dislekcia

Postby Lujo on Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:24 pm

Having plumbed the depths of the PQI to beyond sensible levels, a good tip if you want the most enjoyment from it is to do all the quests first. This reduces any tendency to streak it migth have significantly as it makes you play a wide variety of stuff (and especially cacth up on at least some stuff you might've been neglecting). Have fun!
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby TheSchachter on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:10 am

Normal + Hard 100%! Look at all those pretty rainbows...

Yeah, it's not *such* a huge deal... (though VT regular Gaan-Telet was surprisingly difficult... like scum for proper deity arrangement difficult) But I'm pretty happy about it. The fact that I'm actually working towards 100% completion (while I'm supposed to be studying for final exams no less) says a *lot* about how much I love this game... Normally, I'm more of an anti-completionist XD

Also, I get to brag about creating a topic that got to 100 posts right? :P In all seriousness, I'm glad this topic took off like it did, it's a lot of fun to read and share the excitement with each other. Keep up the accomplishments everyone!
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby dislekcia on Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:03 pm

Wow!

I haven't seen that many rainbow borders outside of the layerset editor that we used to make the map in the first place ;)
dislekcia

Postby Lujo on Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:54 am

Wait just a sceond - the rainbow border around Gaan'Telet, what does it signify? O.O
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Nurator on Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:35 am

All classes and all badges in normal GT ;-)
Nurator

Postby 613 The Evil on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Oooh, I only needed two more XP to grab another level... :( I should really have converted to Dracul before entering the second dungeon, oh well... It was fun. I was afraid I might die after killing the boss, you know how trigger happy can a mouse be in Desktop Dungeons... Anyway. This was the Assassin Gold Challenge with an Elf Assassin. :)
613 The Evil

Postby caviar on Mon May 12, 2014 11:45 am

http://i.imgur.com/g25lPcr.png

http://i.imgur.com/SOVc4vl.jpg

Man, it's like the vampire was hand-tailored to be a VGT destruction machine. Pretty satisfying to have knocked this one out of the way. Would have gotten warmonger if I didn't cast cydstepp before converting it, but I'm happy enough to have pulled through in the first place. :lol:

Props to Waldo0 for the idea of prepping RBS - I'm no fan of the item in general, especially not since it faces competition with the small-slot badge. Despite getting insight on the Binlor floor I managed to put an end to the goat's misery with resources to spare, thanks to a hefty bunch of topside meatmen. Even then there was still a pretty large margin for error (I didn't pick up penance until halfway through the fight despite having space for it, among other things). Now to tackle purist purist and hoarder, as well as the other two monster classes... (I dare not even think about the amounts of scumming goatperson would require right now)

Edit: Purist VGT off the checklist!

The early GG find was essential to this run, once again cementing his #1 rank on my favorite deity list. With overflowing piety, an abundance of popcorn thanks to humility allowing higher-level kills and a relatively free inventory - why not absolute the shit out of the top floor? Cleansing also came in handy as a pseudo-apothecary substitute, essentially neutralizing the statue's debuffs as well as getting me through goo blobs and the illusion with minimal trouble. I didn't feel overly confident in that taking enlightenment was the right thing to do - but in hindsight it was way worth it, as the extra 5 mana let me squeeze out that extra fireball that allowed me to dodge the nasty manaburn on wraith kills.

During this run I also came to the realization that I've been underestimating the martyr wraps (partially due to almost never running into them on previous winning runs). Hoarder might not be as difficult as I'd thought if I take my time scumming up a pair of those...

It may have been said many times before, but kudos to the devs for creating this diamond of a game. With a couple hundred hours of gameplay sunken into it I still find myself learning new things and feeling a desire to come back for more - heck, there's still hundreds of hours' worth of content left for me to get through.
caviar

Postby Blovski on Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:36 am

Been doing the whole roll with the punches thing to fill in my hard dungeons and get my skills back. Elf Fighter on the Labyrinth (which is actually a *hard* dungeon without Binlor, I've discovered) eventually won by working in the knockback trick. Magnificent when a crazy strategy like that becomes part of your normal play.
Blovski

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons