[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - General-Purpose bragging topic!

General-Purpose bragging topic!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: General-Purpose bragging topic!

Postby Astral on Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:37 am

If my math isn't wrong, then 16 corrosion on a pala takes about the same price as 12 on a regular guy. I'm sure I could go further if I requested less vineforms, and took a titan guitar to clear space. Or lucked out and found a Binlor at the right time.

Yeah, orc wiz is still very good for the job. I had 30+ damage/2 MP pissorfs before. And I haven't even used corrosion for that.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby TheSchachter on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:59 pm

Another Vicious Purist victory (and then some!) This time in Demonic Library, which was significantly easier than Naga City courtesy of the Punchomancer, though it did take a couple of failures before I got it. I'll let the screenshots speak for themselves, except for highlighting one ridiculously lucky factor: Glowing Guardian (close to starting point, thanks Lemisee!), Dracul and Pactmaker. That's really all that needs to be said, no? XD

Come on everyone, let's get bragging again!

EDIT: Aaaaand Namtar's Lair also completed with Purist! Went with a fairly straightforward Elf Warlord, had Earthmother and Mystera on the board and bought a Dragon Soul, which ended up reasonably helpful... EM lasted me the whole overworld and allowed me to just *barely* kill the first two forms, then converted to Mystera before going down but didn't actually really need to. The monster set, layout and first two bosses in this dungeon are always so rough that it's easy to forget that, so long as you have a few mana resources and some physical staying power, the underworld isn't that big of a deal. Unfortunately I forgot to take screenshots, but there wasn't anything all that noteworthy here, other than this is a really difficult dungeon. Still, for Purist, I think that Naga City is the hardest Vicious dungeon (excliding VGT of course).
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Blovski on Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:00 pm

VT berserker camp down. Gnome Bloodmage of JJ with Balanced Dagger and Patches, so nothing really fancy but with boss 2 as the 1200HP 120 Damage Frank that was dead tight. Dragon Soul and Witchalok and a successful desecration followed by 50% chance at Last Chance (NEVER WORKS NORMALLY) really came down to the wire.
Blovski

Postby The Tapir on Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:55 am

Jumping in late on this thread, but oh well:

After having my initial save file deleted due to a computer wipe, I finally surpassed my old kingdom by beating GT and obtaining the vicious token I'd been looking forward to for so long. Now going for the monster classes - finally unlocking one (or all) of them will be a nice achievement to make.
The Tapir

Postby The Tapir on Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:27 am

After multiple times of being steamrolled by the dungeon, finally decided to tackle Vicious Steel once and for all using the Halfling Priest combo. Though I didn't get Taurog for the much-needed damage reduction, I did find EM floating around for a few vine forms, which helped out GREATLY with the Indomitable. Also didn't realize that knocking an enemy back into another enemy triggered blink, which worried me as I did have black space floating around for Count Blahblah. Thankfully, I had just enough resources to get the Indomitable down to the stage at which he can't hurt you anymore, pulling off my first ever victory in that place.
The Tapir

Postby TheSchachter on Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:59 pm

Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby The Tapir on Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:26 am

The Tapir

Postby lieronet on Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:07 pm

Not much, but during a PQI run in Cursed Oasis I wound up accidentally drinking my WHUPAZ potion in the non-cursed world, decided I was going to roll with it and killed the dragon boss first. Somehow, I managed to finish the run as well.
lieronet

Postby The Tapir on Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:55 am

The Tapir

Postby Blovski on Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:14 pm

^
If you want a hint or two, here's a thread I made on it:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3159

Also, I recommend Sidestepper's silver bullet strategy for that dungeon, 3rd post down on this page:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2050&hilit=strategy+thread&start=280
Blovski

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons