[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - General-Purpose bragging topic!

General-Purpose bragging topic!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: General-Purpose bragging topic!

Postby William on Tue May 31, 2016 10:22 am

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby Tinker on Tue May 31, 2016 9:59 pm

So here's another run. Done under 13 minutes, preps definitely not overdone, mandatory SMM spawned as usual.

This shows how Purist runs can be at their best: given the not-too-castery deity loadout, I used my potions to level and kill the first boss, and then joined Taurog to kill the 2nd boss via melee (keeping only the HALPMEH for this occasion, and using only my CP-potions). Gnomes rock. ;)

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby zayyeh on Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:17 am

I'm curious about your L1 goat kill at L5. Is it how it shows in combat log when you discharge burning on L8 golem?
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Download over at ddmod.weebly.com.
zayyeh

Postby devilchn on Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:42 pm

After reading Lujo's article about the Priest, I was inspired to try it as a Goblin with VT and semi-light preps. I think high difficulty is where Goblins really shine, even the otherwise awkward Goblin Transmuter makes Namtar's Lair pretty manageable.

Luckily, I discovered Tower of Goo early enough so that I had only converted one mana potion to fuel GG :lol:
Needless to say, the shop pool and sub really saved me here. In the end, I had about one more levelup in glyphs & items lying around. 3rd god was Taurog, so not really an option.
devilchn

Postby choongmyoung on Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:50 am

Just for curiosity, is there anyone succeeded to wipe a single barbing bush, tanking its damage?
That'll be a nice challange.
choongmyoung

Postby Darvin on Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:04 am

Darvin

Postby Tinker on Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Here's a L1 bosskill using an Orc Transmuter:
So Den of Danger lit up, and I saw that Transmuter is the last badge missing. I decided to go low-prep, brought the Guitar to get rid of the walls, and prepped GG because Humility rocks. (I somehow thought that it will be Western Jungle, I'm not sure why, so I felt the Transmuter is really good to tap into all that otherwise unreachable blue-space.) When I saw the wimpy boss, I decided to try an L1 bosskill, but I didn't want to take any of the obvious shortcuts. So I wanted to do it without killing anything or getting any XP - so no Humility -, without drinking potions, and without using up the Guitar (it's costly to re-locker, and well I hadn't intended to fire it off anyway). Luckily I found some cool items like the Badge of Honour. Since I boosted base damage to pretty high levels, PISORF did a lot of damage, which was nice to round up the massive melee damage. I could have chosen to use up the guitar and land a second melee hit, but instead I took a bunch of Protections to be able to cast more PISORFs. I'm thinking that prepping for this via potions / DP would've made the L1 bosskill possible even on a regular boss, even without PISORF.

Those early Absolutions were useless, I started taking them before seeing the boss and deciding on the L1, but since I had no resists, my health was not enough to take even a single hit...
Tinker

Postby Tinker on Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Here's an interesting game (it's not very difficult, but I learned something):

So I normally shy away from using the Wicked Guitar on Vicious+VT runs, but today I went into town in Namtar's Lair, and found Glenrick and Zombie Gold. So I decided to abandon all my careful leveling schemes, and go Wicked (Guitar); hence all the level skips. Chancing upon PISORF meant I did not have to worry about Form 1's Magic Resistance (and, more importantly, about Form 4's Retaliate), but I was prepared to do the run also without it.

That said, as I was busily killing the monsters topside, estimating that I can probably take 2 more levels at least, I realized that I'm not going to become tougher (no stat boosts beyond L10), and I'm at max Piety and overflowing (and I've taken all the boons I cared to take). So I abandoned the clean-up a bit more than 10 XP below a level-up, and went down instead. These one-way stairs really curb a player's artistic creativity... :?
Tinker

Postby choongmyoung on Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:07 am

Just rainbowed my first hard dungeon!
The final run was rat + CYDSTEPP + Mystic balance, which was super enough to whistle down the two bosses and get the Miser badge(lol). I bet Ick Swamp is one of the best dungeons for a rat, because weakening is not a great threat.

choongmyoung

Postby Tinker on Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:46 am

Tinker

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons