[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - General-Purpose bragging topic!

General-Purpose bragging topic!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: General-Purpose bragging topic!

Postby MTaur on Mon May 25, 2015 6:32 pm

I'm a slacker. I've only rainbowed the inner ring + Grim's. I could probably do more, but it would take a long time.
MTaur

Postby Tinker on Mon May 25, 2015 7:23 pm

If the setup looks remarkably similar to Astral's, it's completely (not) coincidental! :)

It was actually much easier than I anticipated. Getting through Tower 1 was probably the hardest bit. After that my Lifesteal started to pick up, and as of Tower 3 I was only keeping an eye for the random punishments, to time the curing potions correctly. By the last towers 31% resists and 9 Lifesteal was just steamrolling over everything, the closest I got to breaking a sweat was the last floor, which was Bloodless, Dancing Blade, Binlor; but even that was quite ok, given how I didn't have to touch any blood pools before, and I still had 5 bloodcows. H was a bitch with his 120 attack (boosts to 180), so I held off Whupaz until he berserked. Still, relatively smooth run... ;) I do wonder though, if any other class can take VGT+VT. Probably would require a perfect storm or massive amounts of scumming? :roll:
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Astral on Mon May 25, 2015 9:50 pm

Congratulations Tinker, that's a wonderful achievement!

I see you had plenty of gorgons on the main floor, not the best bloodcow material. You just lose focus for a second and find yourself petrified :P

Nice job handling the last sub, sounds like it wasn't easy. Did you still have the Weywut to counter the blade's blinking?
I was much luckier with the bloodless curse, I was through it by sub 7 or 8 and 9 was a walk in the park.

It's interesting our vampires ended up with the same stats, 31% resists and 9 lifesteal.

Out of curiosity how hard was the bossfight? How much of your resources remained untouched? Also did you try regenfigthing against H?

Good question. My gut is telling me VT VGT may be doable with an Orc Monk too, though it depends if his prestige bug has been fixed or not.

Which badge is the next? Goat? :)
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Tinker on Tue May 26, 2015 5:40 am

Tinker

Postby Blovski on Tue May 26, 2015 7:46 pm

Rat and Goat down on Shifting Passages. Rat was way easier than the daily the other week would suggest (but then, luxury of a full set of preps, I guess), Binlor, Firstborn as boss #2, decided to do it honestly rather than cueballing or bashing bosses into each other. No especial challenges there. Goat was more difficult, relockered Yendor and played a reasonable combo of prepped Mystera + Jehora and Dracul. Early Wonafyt really made all the difference. For some reason with Goats, when I lose I lose horribly but when I win I have tons leftover to clear the map.
Blovski

Postby Tinker on Thu May 28, 2015 8:13 pm

Who said anything about Dwarves not being awesome? :)

(yeah that's a random L10 berserker, bosses went away too early to take a screen of them...)

Headbutted the Zombie Gold zombies on my way out with their gold.

Tinker

Postby Tinker on Sat May 30, 2015 6:19 am

Dear Diary,
Today I saw that the Halls of Steel were in turmoil (flamey thingy), so I decided to send in someone to investigate. I picked someone small, to ensure that she doesn't get detected by the denizens too early. Here's the report:

So not *so* bragworthy (hey, look, Tinker could beat regular Halls of Steel! really cute), it's more like educational (at least for me). So I never knew how the whole XP-calculation thing worked when you kill multiple monsters at the same time, so I klled both bosses at L4. I got them down to 1 health each, and left 1 DP on The Indomitable, so the fireball I cast at him only popped his DP and left him burning; and the fireball I cast at Lord Gobb killed them both. The math squares, XP is added before level-ups, so I got a total of 84 XP for the two of them (42 each, 10 base + 32 bonus). That's as much as an L1 bosskill would net, but I wasn't going for any stunts here, I'm sure you with the right setup, the Rat could do two L1 bosskills here if someone really wanted to do that.
Tinker

Postby Blovski on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:41 pm

REVEEEENGE

for the Daily :?

Pretty decent setup, Mystera, Binlor and Drac with Endiswal and Getindare on the map. Subdungeon was the popcorn bucket, which eased things a tad. Elite Items snagged me a Health Keg and a Zot, which massively simplified Firstborn. The downstairs wasn't as tough as envisaged and Matron I just healthspiked to death with Drac into a levelup for potion use. Played pretty well with forgetting about Whupaz being the only major slipup.
Blovski

Postby Blovski on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:16 pm

And that's one Vicious Rainbow down. Binlor (in this case, into Mystera) seemed like the reliable rat for this one and even though I wasted a lot of exploration topside on Firstborn I stomped the bottom fairly easily. Soko Trolls (not too bad) and Glenrick (great) as subs. Fewer Glyphs, as usual, and Dragonshield. A great time had by Mr Rat. First attempt had only TT to switch into and I probably threw it as a result of wasting too much space looking for the third altar only to get Pactmaker.

Now, things to do:

Cursed Oasis (Goat, Rat, Chemist, Gorgon)
Ick (Rat)
Naga City (Goat, Rat, not sure if cba)
Vicious Steel (Hoarder, Warlord, Vamp, Thief, Tinker, Bloodmage, Goat - all easy business except the Vamp, I think)
Namtar's (15 classes, Fatihless, Hoarder, VT)
Demonic Library (Goat, Rat, Half-Dragon, Gorgon, Priest, Miser, VT)
HGT (7 Classes, VT)
VGT (5 Badges, all except Vampire + Rogue)

Wizard, Tinker, Crusader and Transmuter class challenges.
Blovski

Postby Tinker on Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:42 pm

Tinker

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons