[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - General-Purpose bragging topic!

General-Purpose bragging topic!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: General-Purpose bragging topic!

Postby choongmyoung on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:44 pm

choongmyoung

Postby srid on Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:03 pm

Oops, I always mix EM and GG dislikes for Blood-related stuff, sorry.

No, I didn't have Mystic Balance, but couldn't cast the depleted glyph in some circumstances, like just after casting Burndayraz, sometimes I could. Maybe I'll upload the part of the video where it happens just to show it.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby General_Milky on Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:12 pm

Well, this isn't any pro brag, but I figure I may as well tell someone that I started a completely new kingdom and did every single quest/class challenge in a matter of days. I may not be as good as most of you, but it seems I've gotten good enough at the game to stomp every unique challenge in the game with little issue (well, Priest Silver took me by surprise, that map is uncharacteristically hard for a silver...)
General_Milky

Postby shade_of_ox on Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:50 pm

Cleared Vicious Steel with an Elf Monk!
Here is a video:
https://youtu.be/BpnbbcN7jdc

Once again, this is hardly even a Monk run so much as it is a "guard with some casting items" run. I don't think I made any use of any of the Monk's traits here.
shade_of_ox

Postby thzfunnymzn on Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:33 am

"Guard with some casting items" tells me most of what goes on in rainbowing a dungeon is just putting in the time, rather than doing anything amazing. Monster classes, VGT, Chemist, still might require something special, but most the rest of Rainbowing can just be "eh, use Yendor's, play a mage."
thzfunnymzn

Postby shade_of_ox on Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:00 am

shade_of_ox

Postby srid on Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:29 am

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby shade_of_ox on Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:19 am

Eh. I don't find Goatperson runs to be challenging so much as annoying, myself. All of them except for VGT can be taken down pretty consistently with Yendor and Jehora prep, unless you get screwed by RNG. VGT Goat is quite the run, though.
shade_of_ox

Postby AvovA17 on Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:06 pm

So I started working on Vicious, and I hit one that was very tricky for me: Vampire in Vicious Steel.

It took me more than 5-6 runs (not counting the ones where there was no platemail in the shops, I just restarted those). Finally today I realized that prepping Bear Mace is good here: you kill the Indomitable faster and do some damage to BlahBlah in the process. I was prepping the Perseverance badge before. Once I started playing with the mace I won in 2 tries. Got lucky too: I found Glenrick as L2, and I still had IMAWAL.

Without the mace the best I got Blahblah was to <100hp, but no final blow. I guess not sleeping well for a week also does not help. I also tried doing with a Yendor instead of Dragon Shield, but just could not do it. Amazingly, I had a run where I found Glenrick as L1 with IAMAWAL still in my hands, and still could not win.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... FB2A98193/
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 97A67A5F8/
Last edited by AvovA17 on Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AvovA17

Postby shade_of_ox on Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:55 am

Congrats! Vampire in Vicious Steel is one of the hardest Vampire runs in the game. There are really no good blood cows to be had there, especially not if you use Platemail.
shade_of_ox

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons