[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - General-Purpose bragging topic!

General-Purpose bragging topic!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: General-Purpose bragging topic!

Postby Tinker on Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:17 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby choongmyoung on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:47 pm

Why is my translocation seal far there?

Anyway, this was a winnng run. Thanks eastless, your youtube video was very educational about how to knockback fight in the arena.

Goatperson, Vampire(+Faithless), Purist left for my Naga City. I need help about the vampire though...

EDIT: Goatperson done! Dracul start, GG conversion.
Amulet prep and conserve as much food as possible by extreme yoyoing, had 295 foods when going down to arena if I remember correctly
Aaaaand the result was quite a overkill with that absurd piety gain with GG. ~100 foods left.
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... D7E90CCD1/
choongmyoung

Postby choongmyoung on Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm

Thanks a lot, Darvin!
Guess What!

I need a rest.
choongmyoung

Postby William on Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:52 am

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby andrewcurrall on Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:33 pm

I realise I'm a bit late to the party here, but I've just had my first win on a vicious dungeon:

This was my fourth attempt, and my third as a berserker after I realised how nicely the berserker's magic resistance helps with the first two forms.

Two of my previous runs were killed by messing up with deity punishments; one Tikki tooki punishment in one run, and two or possibly even three Dracul punishments in another.

Comments appreciated.
andrewcurrall

Postby zayyeh on Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:55 am

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Download over at ddmod.weebly.com.
zayyeh

Postby Tinker on Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:28 pm

Tinker

Postby andrewcurrall on Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:34 pm

Thanks so much for comments, both of you!

Yes, I have a bit of an aversion to alter-prepping; I always think the prep costs look so bad... Glowing Guardian's isn't so bad, but I don't particularly like GG much at all (the potions aversion bothers me more than it probably should, and his punishment is the absolute worst in the game).

Tikki Tooki isn't a deity I greatly like either, but I ran into him early and didn't find JJ (whom I love) until very late. The Learning helped leveling up (always nice when the enemies are 140% buffed and getting 3+ level kills is no longer so easy). The quicksilver/reflex potions were very useful against form 2 as well. TT is a bit tricky early because it's hard to gain piety, but I did have WONAFYT.

I often do prep the Apothecary; not sure why I didn't, actually.

The third form I burned to death, using all my mana potions plus the Shadenfreude potion in the process. JJ's mana boost and elven boots helped. The fourth form consumed almost all of my remaining resources, but fortunately the fifth form is easy to regen-fight and sixth form is trivial.

All my previous attempts were with Human Berserkers, but I think I found Orc easier. Thoughts?

Which of the remaining Vicious dungeons do you reckon is easiest?
andrewcurrall

Postby Tinker on Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:52 pm

Tinker

Postby andrewcurrall on Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:01 pm

Thanks again!

I've remembered why I didn't prep Apothecary. I had literally run out of money. I started trying NL just after buying my 7th locker slot, so had no money left.

One curiosity I've just noticed. The wiki lists NL as having golems. My screenshot shows that I didn't encouter golems, but did get dragonspawn instead. This was pretty helpful to me, since dragonspawn have a magic attack. All the other monsters are consistent. Any clue what's going on there?

I'll try Vicious Steel next. I suppose a Berserker wouldn't be a bad choice again?
andrewcurrall

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons