General-Purpose bragging topic!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: General-Purpose bragging topic!

Postby AvovA17 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:26 pm

Finally did Rat on Tower of Gaan-Telet:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/955209118936607373/B0C5C1492E82A9BD7C629568289A43861053DAED/
I still have no idea how VGT is doable with the rat though.

All normal and 2 hard dungeons rainbowed, and I could easily rainbow a whole bunch of hard dungeons quickly(they have all badges already except a few hoarders), but I guess I will rainbow TGT next, I already have all the badges on it, still need goat, bloodmage, chemist, gorgon, crusader, and transmuter.
Last edited by AvovA17 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
AvovA17

Postby choongmyoung on Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:02 pm

Look at the wasted tiles lol, good job! Rat's very hard. The gaan-telet requires completely the opposite of rat's general strategy. Congrats, and carry on!
choongmyoung

Postby AvovA17 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:14 pm

choongmyoung wrote:Look at the wasted tiles lol, good job!

Yeah, I know. I was surprised to see such a low number.

I was copying the strategy that eastless used in his youtube run. He had +4mp mage plate as well though,
so he did 4 fireballs, nasty. My rat could only do 3, so my run did not go as smoothly as his.

Rat's very hard. The gaan-telet requires completely the opposite of rat's general strategy.

Can you elaborate on that? I am not sure what you mean. What is different versus playing normal/hard dungeons?

Congrats, and carry on!

Will do :)

I should get a T-shirt that says "I beat TGT with the Rat, and all I got was 77 gp". After the preps I am negative :)
The money part of the game is really miscalibrated. You can beat TGT/VGT a bunch of times, and you barely get any money out of it. In fact, you will be lucky to turn any profit. And yet bank updates / veto slots cost insane amounts.
I will probably not have enough money to buy all of them even by the time I rainbow everything.
AvovA17

Postby choongmyoung on Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:02 am

AvovA17 wrote:
Rat's very hard. The gaan-telet requires completely the opposite of rat's general strategy.

Can you elaborate on that? I am not sure what you mean. What is different versus playing normal/hard dungeons?

Generally, rat can't kill everything. Rat wants a few big kills in cost of huge blackspaces. Monsters like Warlock, Serpent or Wraith are bad targets and Rat skips them most of the time. On top of that even the inventory space is small.
And you know, VGT forces you to beat all harder and debuffing monsters with just a small blackspaces and bunch of items. GT's much better but anyway.

AvovA17 wrote:The money part of the game is really miscalibrated. You can beat TGT/VGT a bunch of times, and you barely get any money out of it. In fact, you will be lucky to turn any profit. And yet bank updates / veto slots cost insane amounts.
I will probably not have enough money to buy all of them even by the time I rainbow everything.

I strongly agree with you. There should be 200 additional gold when you beat GT/VGT, just like the bonus for vicious dungeons.
btw it cost me like 50,000 golds to beat the rat VGT. lol.
choongmyoung

Postby srid on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:38 am

choongmyoung wrote:I strongly agree with you. There should be 200 additional gold when you beat GT/VGT, just like the bonus for vicious dungeons.
btw it cost me like 50,000 golds to beat the rat VGT. lol.

In a way I'm glad to hear that.
Looking at your videos it look like you always succeed on your first tries ;-)

Yes Rat Monarch VGT may cost a lot, as you need to prep around 200 gold, Binlor + Platemail or Draining Blade
and scum for PM in the first subdungeon.
I used the same strategy to beat it than the ones you can see on youtube videos:
"Farm piety with Binlor and get as much resist as you can with Body Pact".
I did prep Draining Blade, and got lucky enough to buy Platemail, Vampire Blade and Soul Orb.

If you're lucky enough, you will find Dracul before it gets too hard without him. And then, don't hesitate to throw everything
you got to beat the sub-bosses, as Horatio is a joke compared to them.

I agree with you that I could get more gold from Vicious dungeons: I'm slowly completing the Hard and Normal dungeon by doing PQIs only, and I calculated than even once I'm done, I will probably be ~200 000 gold short from maxing the Bank.

By looking at the PQI code, I noticed that PQI on Vicious dungeons do give you 1500 gold instead of 500, but getting them require to have a completion percentage higher than 70% in all other dungeons, and a low % in the Vicious. Basically the game selects the dungeons with lowest completion rate, except that vicious ones get a base +70% on their completion rate counter. Once they are completed at 30% or more, you need to rainbow every Normal/Hard dungeon before getting the chance of having Vicious PQIs.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby AvovA17 on Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:54 pm

Goatperson Tower of Gaan-Telet (of the regular kind) done:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/955209606286766207/28C6F830A8F4569045BDE68CE4A37BC61CF270DC/

It took me around 4-5 tries. I was getting worried about the gold drain. Seriously, goat wins on TGT/VGT should give you 10k.

I had to restart twice because my first god was Binlor, and I lost my Dragon shield on levelup.
On some of the tries I had bad god combos (Binlor + Taurog + PM, etc).

This time it was EM + GG + MA, and GG for the final battle (perfect...).
Also, I had the Soul Orb in the shops. Even with a few mistakes I managed to pull it off.

By the way, is it a known bug that sometimes Schadenfreude potion does not trigger? It happened to me several times,
but I can't figure out when it happens. This time I had platemail, I drank Quicksilver and Schadenfreude. Mana restoration never happened.

Another bug: if you prep Yendor, activate it or die, and the click "Restart", you will not have Yendor with you anymore.
AvovA17

Postby choongmyoung on Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:34 am

AvovA17 wrote:By the way, is it a known bug that sometimes Schadenfreude potion does not trigger? It happened to me several times,
but I can't figure out when it happens. This time I had platemail, I drank Quicksilver and Schadenfreude. Mana restoration never happened.

Are you sure you got hit without dodge, and the hit's not 0 damage (by platemail) ?
choongmyoung

Postby AvovA17 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:50 am

choongmyoung wrote:Are you sure you got hit without dodge, and the hit's not 0 damage (by platemail) ?

I do not remember, but I thought that Schadenfreude must trigger at some point later?
I just never saw it trigger. The only time it can be wasted (to my understanding), is when it triggers, but you are already at full mana.
AvovA17

Postby dislekcia on Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:43 pm

AvovA17 wrote:I do not remember, but I thought that Schadenfreude must trigger at some point later?
I just never saw it trigger. The only time it can be wasted (to my understanding), is when it triggers, but you are already at full mana.

You can always check for the potion effect on your character if you're not sure if it's triggered yet or not.
dislekcia

Postby AvovA17 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:33 pm

Tower of Gaan-Telet rainbowed! :lol:
I am surprised how easy it felt. Quite a few dailies felt harder when many of my TGT runs, although they were mostly prep-heavy.

The two hardest runs were the rat and the goat. Hoarder was just annoying (tinker).
Vampire and assassin make the tower look like a joke.

Most of the runs I did without even having anti-mana-burn or anti-poison orbs unlocked.
AvovA17

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons