General-Purpose bragging topic!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: General-Purpose bragging topic!

Postby choongmyoung on Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:20 pm

AvovA17 wrote:Most of the runs I did without even having anti-mana-burn or anti-poison orbs unlocked.

I unlocked those two items just to try VGT. Those two items really shine in that dungeon.
choongmyoung

Postby AvovA17 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:05 pm

choongmyoung wrote:I unlocked those two items just to try VGT. Those two items really shine in that dungeon.

Yeah, I did the rat without them, for example. But for gorgon I went full caster route (codex + mystera), so having anti-mana-burn was essential. Luckily it was in the shops.
AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:48 am

Personal brag: It looks like I finally found out how BURNDAYRAZ works.

I am an idiot. At first I thought it was 4*level damage (without the battlemage ring or Mystera's boon).

Then I read that actually burning stacks make monsters regen slower. Woohoo, regen-fighting without poison.

Only after I rainbowed TGT I read this:
hitting a [burning] monster using an attack which inflicts Burning will deal bonus damage equal to the number of pre-existing Burning stacks on it, then the new stacks are applied.
AvovA17

Postby srid on Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:06 pm

Haha! Yeah, no wonder the Codex makes that much damage, right?
This is also what makes Whurrgarbl really strong.

In case you didn't know either, you can also use it to easily remove DP from animated armors :-p

I don't want to spoil, but these days we're designing a new item for the Extreme Edition that will go along quite well with this burning mechanic ;-)
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby AvovA17 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:26 pm

srid wrote:Haha! Yeah, no wonder the Codex makes that much damage, right?
This is also what makes Whurrgarbl really strong.

In case you didn't know either, you can also use it to easily remove DP from animated armors :-p

Is Whurrgarbl actually strong? I rarely play regen-fighters, so I never buy it. In the description it does not even
have any damage by itself. So it seems like it will add a few points of damage if you strike a monster several times with melee and fireballs. Not as good as GETINDARE though.

Yep, I know about the DP reduction by popping the stacks. It is a neat trick.
AvovA17

Postby srid on Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:11 pm

AvovA17 wrote:Is Whurrgarbl actually strong? I rarely play regen-fighters, so I never buy it. In the description it does not even
have any damage by itself. So it seems like it will add a few points of damage if you strike a monster several times with melee and fireballs. Not as good as GETINDARE though.

I would say it's not my favorite item but it's a decent item. Like most items in the game, it can be really strong in the right situation and useless in other situations. That's what makes the salt of this game.
But of course if compare it to the best glyph in the game...

It won't be any good for a Thief or a Crusader, that's for sure, especially if a Tri-sword is lying around. But for a spellcaster it can be okay... I mean, once you already bought Soul Orb, Dragon Soul and Crystal Ball ... and Fire Heart ... and Witchalock Pendant... aaaaaand Mage Plate ... okay maybe it's not the best item for a spellcaster either.

It is mostly useful for regen fighters, yes. But next time you make a Codex run, if you see Whurrgarbl you should give it a try: with just one melee attack you will max your burning stacks, that's +20 damage per fireball and per strike for you...
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

srid

Postby AvovA17 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:18 pm

srid wrote:It is mostly useful for regen fighters, yes. But next time you make a Codex run, if you see Whurrgarbl you should give it a try: with just one melee attack you will max your burning stacks, that's +20 damage per fireball and per strike for you...

Huh? How do you get max stacks with melee? Codex maxes the burning stacks, Whurrgarbl does not.
And +20 is for level 10 only, no? Level 1 is only +2 damage, right?
AvovA17

Postby srid on Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:23 pm

AvovA17 wrote:Huh? How do you get max stacks with melee? Codex maxes the burning stacks, Whurrgarbl does not.
And +20 is for level 10 only, no? Level 1 is only +2 damage, right?

Yes, when you have the Codex, burning stacks from Whurrgarbl are maxed too, isn't it awesome?
Indeed you get +2 damage per level, so that's only +2 at level 1.

srid

Postby AvovA17 on Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:27 pm

srid wrote:Yes, when you have the Codex, burning stacks from Whurrgarbl are maxed too, isn't it awesome?
Indeed you get +2 damage per level, so that's only +2 at level 1.

I am not sure what happens with the codex, but if you play without it, and attack in melee, then Whurrgarbl messes up your burning stacks. They are reset back to 1. Annoying.
AvovA17

Postby dislekcia on Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:00 pm

AvovA17 wrote:I am not sure what happens with the codex, but if you play without it, and attack in melee, then Whurrgarbl messes up your burning stacks. They are reset back to 1. Annoying.

Eh? Could you please explain this better? Burning with Whurrgarbl works exactly the same way as it does with Burndayraz: Each consecutive attack on the same enemy adds a stack of burning, which all pop off when you attack something else.
dislekcia

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons