Very funny, PQI

All things Desktop Dungeons

Very funny, PQI

Postby Wargasm on Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:51 pm

Post silly PQI results. :p

I mean...Orc or Dwarf, mmmmaybe. Any other badge, mmmmaybe. Goblin Rogue Warmonger + Rex? Maybe back when Rex was a wuss. Dealing with 95% Berserk to I think it' 128 damage on a Rogues' hp pool? At best I could prep TT, get to 30% dodge, maybe 3 Reflex/Quicksilver potions + 1 each prepped if I go in with Yendor, start at L5, and rack up piety. Even then, all those 50% dodges need to work, because I can't survive a single hit from Enraged Rex. Even then I'm not sure five hits w/out Dwarven Gauntlets prepped would be enough to nail him.

Mind you, this also means no ENDISWAL or PISORF to keep Rex from cornering me, and I'd need to convert to GG, JJ, or EM to get enough HP to take even one hit from non-Enraged Rex for the Bear Mace to matter. I'm welcome to advice on this one. I'll probably just do the much easier flaming Havendale Bridge, and I'm sure there's some way this PQI is "possible", if not very likely. I'd be interested if it can get done for less than the 500g reward. I am pretty sure Yendor or Dwarven Gauntlets has to be prepped.
Wargasm

Re: Very funny, PQI

Postby Nurator on Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:13 pm

Orb of Zot+Whupaz should take care of Rex. Let some First Strike monsters live. If your dodge does not predict, attack one to reroll the dodge. Sure you take a piety loss, but you can get hits on Rex. 3-5 Hits should be enough. Then Timothy or someone similar and you are done.

Not easy, but maybe beatable^^
Nurator

Postby Wargasm on Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:27 pm

I don't have Zot lockered. :/ Feels a little cheap, but probably necessary to pull this off.

Current lockers (need 50K gold to get another slot; 10K more for the upgrade so my bank can even hold 40K, then 40K for the slot:

Balanced Dagger (largely for Vicious Token, I could maybe give this up and come back to it later)
Fabulous Treasure (various shenanigans, possibly including VGT)
Dwarven Gauntlets (= sex for Rogues, my favourite class)
Crystal Ball (good when I'm intending to spam fireballs or heals)
Dragon Soul (good for I'm intending to be spamming a lot of spells in general, especially ENDISWAL for Binlor/physical resist, or CYDSTEPP)
Amulet of Yendor (various TT/Assassin chicanery, good for endurance trials like NC - I admit, I use this only rarely but when I need it, I need it)
Dragon Shield (I think almost everyone has this.)
Wargasm

Postby Nurator on Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:30 pm

Mehh, wasnt really THAT hard^^ Didnt really need the switch to Binlor, but stupid Dragon Boss blocked the entrance to the rest of the labyrinth^^

Didnt use TT, but GG+Namtars Ward. Was pretty straight forward. Used GG only for Absolution to get that one Zot+Whupaz Hit on Rex. The rest was no prob at all
Nurator

Postby Darvin on Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:57 pm

Try Warmonger Gorgon in Namtar's Lair <_<
Darvin

Postby Wargasm on Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:17 pm

Ah, yes. Namtar's Ward. Another item I need locker space for. Sigggggh. I guess Crystal Ball is going to go for that. Dragon Soul being a small item and not costing gold makes up for being somewhat unreliable, except with Elves who can get truly absurd restorations from the Ball, but I use Gnomes more than Elves by a wide margin.
Wargasm

Postby Wargasm on Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:58 pm

Well, at least it isn't the twelfth attempt at trying to get me to Warmonger the place with Sorcerer. Still. Potion bonus race, potion bonus class...feeling parched.

%*^#&@&$(^&@$&^(!
Wargasm

Postby The Avatar on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:20 pm

Go GG or Drac and get a ton of piety off it. It's actually really easy.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Wargasm on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:32 pm

It's still a downgrade. Sure, in a Hard dungeon I can probably do it, but still. Figure; convert 12x potions for 60 piety (320% health and 160% mana worth of potions) for three shots of Protection (105% health/mana.) And I lose out on the Warlord Might bonus for actually drinking the mana pots. And that's assuming a bit of piety from elsewhere since 15 + 25 + 35 = 75.

Dracul's maths work out slightly better since I can get the Might bonus vs. SMM, and I'll also get healing from blood pools, but still, kick in the trousers.

I'll give it a go after dinner (although I could probably have gotten Parched with a Vampire or Gorgon earlier.)
Wargasm

Postby The Avatar on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:35 pm

You're assuming you use all of that piety to heal. Don't. Use it to upgrade your character out of this world so he only needs a heal or two to beat a boss (and protection will net you more CYDSTEPPs too).
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons