Very funny, PQI

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Very funny, PQI

Postby Darvin on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Parched Halfling Warlord isn't a particularly bad combo at all. No worse than Hoarder and certainly easier than Warmonger at any rate.

Warmonger Gorgon, followed by Hoarder Vampire, are the worst PQI combos hands down IMO.
Darvin

Postby Wargasm on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:51 pm

That's why I run around getting Hoarder everywhere early with Tinker or Wizard, depending on the map. That's ingrained into my skull. Hoarder with any monster class is a /wrists moment. I do slack about Warmonger though because glyphs are generally a huge part of my strategy, even on Berserkers. :(
Wargasm

Postby Lujo on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:12 pm

I had a choice between Drac and GG (in dungeon). I decided to go Drac bevause GG would let me cast cydstepp, and what's the fun in that? And well, I prepped drac so going after gg would let me evade the penalty, get piety for mana potions and debuffs, and let me kill undead - way too easy. And the parched Drac Halfling intial piety burs is much more fun. I also mistakenly took one level of lifesteal (and -resists with it) too much on a complete unintentional blunder, and made several other mistakes. Notice the tower shield? I had almost capped out resists at one point (after the first lifesteal brought the cap to 25).

Parched halflings (non-purist) is some of the weirdest s**t out there. Quite possibly the most powerful and easiest parched race or at least the most interesting.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons