[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Goatperson Suggestion (small?)

Goatperson Suggestion (small?)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Goatperson Suggestion (small?)

Postby Lujo on Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:37 pm

Maybe goatperson's food gain shouldn't be static? Maybe you should be able to get more food for killing stuff above you'r level, or it should be tied to the opposing monster's level. Just a thought.

EDIT: The "static" part was ment as "you get bonus food for killing something above your level" only, not reducing what you get from popcorn now. Just to clarify.
Last edited by Lujo on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Re: Goatperson Suggestion (small?)

Postby Wargasm on Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:58 pm

Rough call. The food situation is tight, but on the other hand, can Goatpeople end up under Pactmaker? Spirit Pact + Food + Piety farm deity = profit.
Wargasm

Postby The Avatar on Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:59 pm

The only problem with that, is it makes food gain even more screwy and makes the balanced dagger a total prerequisite of the goatperson. Right now it is smart to save popcorn for when you need it as a goatperson, but with that it would basically encourage you to kill stuff as soon as possible regardless of level before the food gain is too small to help. At least that's what I would do.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:16 pm

you cant end up at pactmaker, but you can join him. I just did, and yes, spirit pact is that good.

And what I ment by the suggestion, add a little bonus food for killing a monster of a higher level than you. I'm not even that crazy about it, it was just a though because my first try with goatperson at eastern tundra was abysmal due to not finding the popcorn and having to waste too many resources killing higher level guys, while the other run was fine.

Took no overly strong preps on either run. No balanced dagger either.
Lujo

Postby Wargasm on Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:42 pm

That just came immediately to mind because both my successful goatperson runs thus far have been based off converting food repeatedly while worshiping GG. They still count as two piety each, so if you can manage a stockpile of them from any source, GG will bless the snot out of you.
Wargasm

Postby FDru on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:37 am

I just want my free glyphs. Bugged the hell out of me when I got a Cursed Oasis run with Binlor as my first diety. Couldn't break walls, and just kept getting punished every level.
FDru

Postby Wargasm on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:41 am

Oh bwahahaha. Ick Swamp, Goatperson, no IMAWAL on the map. GOOD LUCK!
Wargasm

Postby FDru on Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:33 am

FDru

Postby Lujo on Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:49 am

@FDru: I think he ment EM start, but I think that so did you. And if I were taking a goatperson to Ick, I'd prep the burn salve and the fortitude tonic. Then do what you said.
Lujo

Postby Wargasm on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:15 am

EM start, yeah. I was just thinking EM with no way to gain piety + bunch of plants all over the place. And if you ran around killing all the plants, wouldn't you run out of food? Or do plants count as kills for food?
Wargasm

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons