[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Goatperson Suggestion (small?)

Goatperson Suggestion (small?)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Goatperson Suggestion (small?)

Postby FDru on Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:09 am

They don't count for food, but you can explore a significantly large area before you run out and need to start killing stuff.

Oh and another thing... on Cursed Oasis you can't even see what Deity you got switched to half the time cause their altar is invisible in the cursed world.
FDru

Postby JayPlaysIndieGames on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:07 am

Has anyone beaten every dungeon with the goatperson (including VGT)? I'm still pretty awful with him, but I'm just wondering if it has been done.
http://www.youtube.com/JayPlaysIndieGames
Check out the Desktop Dungeons Review, let's play, and tutorials :)
JayPlaysIndieGames

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:01 am

No. Every dungeon EXCEPT VGT has been beaten, but no one's put in enough time/gotten lucky enough to beat VGT.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:03 am

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:08 am

I wish I could tell you. I'd suspect it is some combination of not having conversion bonus, forced god switching hitting you painfully, and poison and mana burn hurting you a bunch. Not to mention no mid-fight leveling for tougher monsters (although I suppose you could substitute your conversions for this).
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:23 am

And having to fuel exploration with food, I suppose. If the conversion bonus didn't have a stacking cost, then I could see some hope despite everything - maaaaybe. However, every time we decide Gaan'Telet's undoable with something it turns out the most broken thing immaginable post-perspective shift once the fabled "Random Pubstomper" turns up with having done it but not having a clue about rogues...

Plus, to paraphrase Laverne from the Day of the Tentacle: "I'm sure the dev's wouldn't have realeased him if he wasn't tested. After all they are the devs..." (Cue devs upon seing someone do it: "IT WORKS! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!" :D)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Waldo0 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:01 am

Too much luck is required to beat VGT as Goatperson.

These are what Goatperson must have.
1. Manaburn Immune+Poison Immune or HALPMEH
2. Early Pactmaker(for resistances)
3. Suitable RNG for Gods(especially for Dracul's Blood Tithe)
(If you miss one of them, the game is just over.)

Goatperson is also a huge resource eater and don't have a good physical ability to beat VGT, so I can't bet... When the three things are fulfilled, I'm able to clear VGT at the first try.
*F+Click* "WTF? Oh.. the monster had a 'Retaliate: Fireball'...." -2012 Waldo0
"I cleared this game!!!" -2013 Waldo0
Waldo0

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons