[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Why am I so bad at the Labyrinth?

Why am I so bad at the Labyrinth?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Why am I so bad at the Labyrinth?

Postby lolQuaff on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:17 pm

lolQuaff

Postby Wargasm on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:32 pm

I'm learning Acid Casters and I think I understand Punchomancers, but I might not know all the tricks. Although I may pull out the JJ Dwarf Paladin, now that you mention it. Use that 25% physical resist, get two health boosts and a mana boost from JJ, Dwarf my HP up sky high, and abuse WEYTWUT for XP/escape, then do a dramatically timed Chaos Avatar. If I have the second boss revealed at that time it might swing the whole thing around. Go in with Dragon Shield and rock at least 43/18 resists.
Wargasm

Postby Lujo on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:39 pm

That could even work out. Also, there's a good chance that doing the other boss just to level up is a good idea.

And acid casters and punchomancers are advanced stuff. What I'm talking about is having a pissorff using Orc with CB and whatever helps, just so you can always pissorff Rex out of the way. Any build like that can involve Binlor for the secured pissorff, you just have to fix your mana and no-fog-refuels somehow along the way.

But do figure out how to wheytwut popcorn out of the way in that map first, as lolQuaff said, that's huge. Getting a death protection or two out of a cydstep is also really nice.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby lolQuaff on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:43 pm

lolQuaff

Postby Wargasm on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:21 pm

Oh Lujo, so far as a challenge...well, in my mind, Gorgon Warmonger in the Labyrinth would probably be the hardest possible one, with the only things really going for you being the physical resist and built-in regen fighting skills.

Sigh. I almost made it with an Elf Sorcerer but the second boss was Aequitas. I had only been stacking physical resists. Sigh.
Wargasm

Postby Wargasm on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:50 pm

My goodness that was basically embarrassingly easy. The sad part was I perfectly foretold it.

Second boss was Bleaty and I just ended up face tanking him, because I had the HP and resists to do it (220hp after Chaos Avatar and I could have converted BURNDAYRAZ to go for 230 had it actually been necessary.) If I hadn't drank a mana potion at L3 for leverage, I could have gotten Feeling Parched too.

Quick side note/brag: As much as I defend JJ in general, you really have to take him as a Paladin to really understand why he can be worth the prep, even at the cost of an inventory slot; I ended that with 45 piety to spare and could have gotten a second mana boost. 36 for Petition, you can easily get at LEAST three health/mana boosts (so long as it's some combination of 2/1) usually by level five, and 64 piety Chaos Avatar leaves enough left over that you might have a decent Last Chance or getting the second health/mana boost you didn't earlier. I could have used potions against Bleaty instead of Chaos Avatar and still won. JJ is really awesome when he's not double-weakening you at L1.
Wargasm

Postby Lujo on Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:46 am

Hmm, I managed to kill Rex with the warmonger gorgon, but my shops were 100% useless so it kind of fell through. No Titan Gitar, either. I think I'll try again and post here if I manage it.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Wargasm on Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:52 am

I must be missing something about the Titan Guitar, or my frequent EM use doesn't make mass slow seem super impressive. Lots of people talk about it like it's the most awesome prep ever. I mean if you're on a map and EM doesn't show and there's a lot of popcorn left and/or stuff you've reduced to one hit from dead, yeah.

Actually thinking on it, Gorgon Hoarder with JJ prepped might be even harder, but that's intentionally gimping yourself hardcore. You're like two steps from Goatperson at that point. Gorgon Warmonger just seems like it's going to come down to shops/deity. Without PISORF or ENDISWAL I figure it has to be hard not to trap yourself. Not quite so bad as Shifting Passages, but nearly.
Wargasm

Postby TheSchachter on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:00 am

Oh... hahaha, I see.

Just go into the Labyrinth (or any dungeon, really) and prepare it. Just try, I promise :)

Please, no one explain until Wargasm has had the chance to try it! XD
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Wargasm on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:23 am

That's where we hit a brick wall. I have no intention of wasting a locker slot for a one time mass slow + annoying cowardly, let alone dragging it out of a dungeon unused for the extra couple of XP it might get me then. I guess I'll never know the mystery then. Oh, well.
Wargasm

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons