[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - WIZARD.exe

WIZARD.exe

All things Desktop Dungeons

WIZARD.exe

Postby Wargasm on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:21 am

The wiki says BLUDTOPOWA should give +3 max hp and mana when this is processed during this subdungeon. I just turned it in and didn't notice any change to either HP or MP. I had gotten two MP boosts and one HP boost from JJ though. Maybe there was some kind of interference?

Sadly, CYDSTEPP was not on the map so I still haven't got PROTECT.exe. Interestingly though, since I was a Gorgon and ENDISWAL did spawn, I got to get two ARMOUR.exes. 65% phys resist without Dragon Shield or Monk. ^_^
Wargasm

Re: WIZARD.exe

Postby TheSchachter on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:48 am

I could be remembering wrong, but I thought BLUDTUPOWA was 3 Health potions and 3 Mana potions...?

Also, two ARMOUR.exe on a Gorgon...

!!! 0_0 !!!
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:25 am

Hate this subdungeon; if you don't have the right glyphs or have already converted them before finding it, it's completely useless. There are just way too many circumstances where you'd already have converted these glyphs before you locate the subdungeon. WONAFYT, IMAWAL, ENDISWAL, LEMMISI, and CYDSTEPP are particularly notorious for their "use them once then convert them" mentality.
Darvin

Postby OneMoreNameless on Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:06 am

OneMoreNameless

Postby TheSchachter on Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:43 am

Yup, hence the rogue-like nature of the game ;) I quite like it myself, having gambled with it and won.

The Wiki does need a lot of work right now... I spent an afternoon updating the general Gods page back when we first started discussing post-launch wiki work, and then I just kinda forgot about it XD
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Wargasm on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:54 pm

Well I don't do it because I know next to nothing on wiki editing. A couple of times I've dredged up the effort to update something on tvtropes.org, but usually just fixing a text error where a quote was attributed to a wrong character or fixing someone's spelling error. Adding tables or doing anything fancy is well beyond me, where "anything fancy" includes linking to other parts of the wiki.

Nor do I especially feel qualified, in most cases, to make edits. That being said, I remember some time last week I made mention in some thread or other I asked if anyone had thought to try to encourage some Steam forum users to come here and talk with us and maybe see if one or two of them really like updating wikis or something. No one, to my knowledge, replied in the affirmative.

(Also, while we're doling out opinions, I love this subdungeon. You're almost guaranteed to get at least one of the spells it accepts, and most of the trades are astoundingly good.)
Wargasm

Postby Darvin on Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:52 pm

Darvin

Postby The Avatar on Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:25 pm

I'm with Darvin on this. I rarely use the ability and the lack of regeneration is really painful. If you go in there once you have converted most of your glyphs it is terrible.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:25 pm

I would be okay with it if it offered better exploration. I've never liked the "trade one resource for another" dungeons that don't also offer useful amounts of exploration. The trade isn't always worth it, or oftentimes requires a resource that you've already used, and you get stuck with nothing.
Sidestepper

Postby Wargasm on Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:32 pm

I guess I only like it because it's my habit to leave most glyphs on the ground until I absolutely need to convert them or use them. Exceptions being BURNDAYRAZ, HALPMEH, and 90%+ of the time GETINDARE, or any time I'm in Shifting Passages or Labyrinth where I might get cut off from them (moreso in Shifting Passages since it begins cutting you off of places sooner.)
Wargasm

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons