Yendor is crazy

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Yendor is crazy

Postby Blovski on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:31 pm

To be honest, I think just draining the CP and gold values on use would do it. I mean, Yendor's very good, but the opportunity cost of spending your Transmutation Scroll to have to get rid of a 0cp/0gold Yendor and then having to rebuy it on the kingdom screen is pretty substantial.
Blovski

Re: Yendor is crazy

Postby Lujo on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:46 pm

Blovski wrote:To be honest, I think just draining the CP and gold values on use would do it. I mean, Yendor's very good, but the opportunity cost of spending your Transmutation Scroll to have to get rid of a 0cp/0gold Yendor and then having to rebuy it on the kingdom screen is pretty substantial.

Well, you don't have to use a Transmutation seal, you can use a compression seal and reduce it to a small item (I do this with hoarders). There's still an opportunity cost involved, the question is just what's the opportunity cost for using Yendor supposed to be? If any :)

The seal route puts it at 1 seal + reloceker price or 1 seal + small slot. The bead route puts it at 1 inventroy slot, no way around it + relocker price. It's just a matter of how much is it worth, and how much of the downside is supposed to affect your run and how much of it your kingdom gold. Oh, and wheter there's supposed to be wriggle room (a way around it).

That's sort of important - if yendor is supposed to have a downside, why should it have a generic (prep a Compression seal) one? (Just saying, I know the answer to that, because it wold just put it in line with any other major item you perp, but it's still a legit question).
Lujo

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons