Oh, I'm just putting that way of looking at the whole bussiness out there just so it's clear noone's being damanding or unreasonable. You can't get O RLY'd if you O RLY yourself demonstratively first.
Also kinda trying to put the original ontology of the whole conundrum back into focus as I'm brushing up on my design having become active in the Rebuild 3 beta test forums (someone's developing a Chaos Overlords Light - zombie edition, FINALLY! QCF are better (or more experienced) game developers from what I've seen so far. Also, the rate of casual-to-hardocore-powergamer is much much more in favor of casual, so much so that I'll probably be getting jabs I've been throwing at folks here for being too powergamey XD )
Anywho, so what the deal with the BoB seems to be:
Core potentially legit issue:
- It's the only prep which doesn't affect anything in the dungeon
- This means that it's interaction with purist is mostly (absolutely?) purely bureaucratic
- This then leads to people forgetting not to prep it on purist runs which screws up the badge
- Get it out of the purist badge jurisdiction
- That would make it work in a way different from any other prep, which makes it even more of an anomaly
"Why does this one prep, which is selected in the same method as any other prep, not trigger purist?"
a) Make it a token.
- Won't work because it'd be prepped on any run and just passively increases the trophy bounty all the time except in non-vicious
b) Make it a token and add a downside
- Well, that's just vicious token then, except with less yield and probably lower penalty.
- It'll also have anyone who's used to having that extra gold per run grumble.
- Also anyone who's used to stacking it with vicious token and flaming dungeon for heaps of cash (if that even works)
c) Remove it from the game entirely and put an actual prep there, while potentially simply upping the throphy bounty
- Is probably what I would've done, lol. Having an unfixable mood dampening hazard (a prep that can inconspiciously cost you a rather difficult to get badge but you only get a heads-up afterwards) isn't all that well thought out to begin with ^^