[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Unlocking Goatperson

Unlocking Goatperson

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Unlocking Goatperson

Postby Lynzkar on Thu May 28, 2015 6:28 pm

I have almost rainbowed(compleated with all classes + badges) two vicious (the hardest dungeons on the game) and I still mess up the god-puzzles. So I'm not sure if that's a good way of messuring your skilllevel.
For goatperson, remember to save glyphs for when fighting the boss or some high level enemy. As you won't have popcorn due to his food, and level ups won't heal you anyways. So don't be shy on not leaving popcorn around.
(Just incase you don't know, Popcorn refers to lower level enemies that can easily be killed while killing higher level enemies for mid-fights level up (full hp and mana).)

Anyways, glad to see you enjoy the game!
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby MTaur on Thu May 28, 2015 6:42 pm

Just to clarify, by "saving glyphs", Lynzkar could mean leaving the glyphs in your inventory OR leaving them sitting around on the ground. Most other races would be more likely to pick a glyph up and decide later whether to convert it, but Goatperson has to time conversions carefully, which as a side-effect means leaving empty space just in case a shop spawns a really good item. Don't forget that you walk onto an item as it lays on the ground and convert it at your feet.

I agree about the god puzzles, too. They can be fun, but they usually have just one solution, whereas a typical DD level is a lot more open-ended.
MTaur

Postby Tinker on Thu May 28, 2015 7:11 pm

I'm actually a big fan of the puzzles and the class challenges. Yes sometimes they only have specific solution but it teaches you to look for one even if resources seem thin (and sometimes they are thin). I credit a lot of my skill to going through these.
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby MTaur on Thu May 28, 2015 7:18 pm

MTaur

Postby Tinker on Thu May 28, 2015 8:10 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby MTaur on Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:09 am

By the way, after the most recent Goatperson DERP, I updated the wiki. There was already a lot there about piety, but I expanded a lot on the food and conversion systems, as well as general preps. I actually haven't played the class a ton, so I could be missing some big things, but I do tend to learn about classes when they come up in dailies. I just need that incentive to focus, I guess.

Anyway, I don't want to leave any bad info in there if it's not quite right, so I'd be pleased if someone could give it a check.
MTaur

Postby William on Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:28 am

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby Zazzlegut on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:57 pm

So, do you have to buy the DLC on top of the Enhanced Edition to be able to unlock goatperson?

I assume the answer is yes as I haven't seen any goat glades anywhere.
Zazzlegut

Postby Gakato on Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:12 pm

The answer is yes. ;)
Gakato

Postby MTaur on Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:14 pm

MTaur

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons