[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Future of the game / suggestion thread

Future of the game / suggestion thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Future of the game / suggestion thread

Postby Bor on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:38 am

So now that over 2 months have passed since the game has been released, do you have any future plans for it? Were the sales successful enough to make additional DLCs? I saw an interview a while ago with one of you guys mentioning possible DLCs coming in form of new classes (shaman / witch doctor type of class was mentioned), maybe some new dungeons? Challenges, puzzles? Are any of those things in plans? :)

As for the rest of you folks, what would YOU like to see being added to the game, if anything? :)

For those interested, here's the interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtk0q3R1BRI
Bor

Re: Future of the game / suggestion thread

Postby dislekcia on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:52 pm

We're working on the switch to iOS, Android and Linux first before we start focusing on DLC. I know Aequitas is keen to do a sort of internal jam on weird classes and stuff, but we've got to find the time for that first :(
dislekcia

Postby flap on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:18 pm

Seeing how long it takes for me to finish a dungeon (40 mins for a "hard" one), and my available time, I am not sure that I'll ever have time to experiment DLC..

Two randoms suggestions :
- Puzzle editor.
- Saving a dungeon while your are in it.

- a silly and nasty suggestion : save a dungeon layout (the seed ?) to play again and again, and compete to get (and share) the optimal score (could be various parameters : minimum hits, lowest level to kill the boss,..)
flap

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:32 am

Of course, as unrealistic as it is, I will always support you guys building some form of dungeon editors. Just putting that out there.

Also, I support DLC. It would be great to have some more dungeons to play around in.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Nurator on Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:27 am

I would give you tons of free time if you tell us exactly what he had to do to build an editor! This would be so incredibly amazing you couldnt imagine!
Nurator

Postby Bor on Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:34 am

Level editior sounds like a very nice idea, I'm just wondering if the community is big enough to make a good use of it :) Steam workshop support for it sounds even better, he :)

There are some hints in the game, mainly in the subdungeons, for possible future content. One of them is something along the lines of "here lies a witch-doctor - another hero, for another time", can't remember the exact quote. It's in the subdungeon where the elven boots are, quoted on one of the tombstones. I believe there was another hint as well, but can't remember the other one sadly :-/
Bor

Postby wonzling on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:18 pm

Daily Challenges!

This single feature is one of the greatest things about Spelunky, as you can compete in global challenges with rankings each day. This always brings you back to the game.

DD would lend itself very well to this concept. Have one dungeon with the same random seed each day, where everybody in the world can compete against each other for the highest score. One shot only! You could let players choose their loadout or force them to take a specific class/race combination (gnome assassin day!). Highest gold collected wins.
wonzling

Postby Urthop on Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:24 pm

Urthop

Postby Lujo on Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:29 pm

- Well, there's the 4 (was it?) cut dungeons that might find their way back in in form of a DLC... I seem to be able to recall 2 of them (and others may have been repurposed into class challenges).

The swamp one with the one-way bridge across the river was rather nasty due to having a murderous boss. Otherwise it might've been a cool.

The flood plain turning into a desert with the nasty Djinn sort of had it's terrain gimmick moved over to the Northern Dessert (with crumbling mountains), but I liked that map for some reason.

Not sure what the west and east cut ones were. I know "Vampire's Suck" was reworked due to being more of a puzzle than a dungeon.

What were the other ones?

- If each direction got one more dungreon restored/reworked/created, there's be room for the missing Troll Boss, integrating Rat Men into non-challenge dungeons, and possible 2 new monsters. I remember a very old suggestion from a nice guy about Treant monsters who left a pine cone (or needles) stuck in your inventory after hitting you (or killing them), that idea sort of got used for the GG rework I suppose, but it's still a very cool idea for another "hard candy" monster in addition to goblins, gorgons and bandits.

There's also no Imp boss, unless evolvia counts as that.

- Class challenges for monster classes?

- A bow and arrow item? "Standard issue, one bow, one arrow", low cost, low conversion shop polluter, only use is to be able to use it twice (second time you throw the useless bow) to do 1 damage to a target (a way to set off burning or knock off a dp, clear a plant from range).
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:07 pm

The west one was druid grove (getandafix's original dungeon) and the east was the crypt (Blahblah's original dungeon).
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons