[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Max CP pops out of a run

Max CP pops out of a run

All things Desktop Dungeons

Max CP pops out of a run

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:03 am

This is going to sound weird, but I've been PM'd with a screenshot which suggests that you can acquire an impossible ammount of CP. Or rather, much more CP than I'm used to even imagining, and I'm pretty immaginative when it comes to CP. This guy did it with only one veto slot so no shop rigging. And rather than make a thread, he PM'd me, but I guess he'll share eventually and I'm curious about what you guys think. I'm trying to figure out what he figured out that we didn't (or did but it never reached me before).

A question for other vets and any CP enthusiasts out there - how much do you wager you could do if you really pushed it?

Say you prep fewer glyphs with a class which starts out with a glyph, and find pactmaker, and you're not transmuter.

5 X 150 = 750 (glyphs)
5 X 15 + 750 = 825 (spirit pact)

That's 8 pops on a human.

How much more?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Re: Max CP pops out of a run

Postby FDru on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:24 am

I would think Spirit Pact + piety farm god on ick swamp (or wherever it is that drops tons of spoons and wisp gems). And either a Wizard (for Mystera piety farming) or Tinker (for shop spamming).

Who knows what the max is... you would need to know how many drops are possible, and I'm pretty sure that varies from run to run.
FDru

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:40 am

It was done on Havendale Bridge where there are the Tokoloshe charm drops, but say you get 6 of them with spirit pack (optimistic), that's say 60 + 90 = 150 more. I'm guessing piety is no issue.

So that's 975. Dude had much more than that (like, a lot more).

Ick Swamp would provide more drops that's true, but it wasn't done there AFAIK. Tinker wouldn't provide a glyph, but would provide more shops and transmutation seals. It wasn't done with a tinker, or a particularly CP enabling class (the screenshot I have).

So no Ick, and no Tinker, and no Transmuter.

I suppose there could've been a Blacksmith secret subdungeon, you can get some CP out of that, lets say 200 with spirit pact (eyeballing it).

So thats 1175 CP. Dude had quite a bit more than that but was asking me if there was a way to reliably break a certain ludicrous threshold he was stuck at.

Oh, and there's always the 8 potions with spirit pact, that's 200 more, so 1375, so we're getting somewhere.

At 1375, the things unaccounted for are preps besides fewer glyphs, shop items and gods besides pactmaker (let's say piety is no object). And potentially subdungeons. Is this right? And if so, what's you're best shot at maxing out?
Lujo

Postby lordatog on Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:21 pm

The Bridge gets you a sensation stone, and you can prep a second one, so that's another 330. Another 35 from shop scroll, though you could potentially get more if you use it and get lucky with the shop. Tikki Tooki can split your potions, giving you 15 more for each hit of reflexes, if that's at all viable. Looking through the possible subdungeons, it seems like the best one is the big pool of water with an enemy in the middle that can only be accessed by WONNAFYT - it drops another sensation stone.

In the screenshot in question, what exactly lets you know how much cp he has? If he's a human, and the evidence is the percent attack boost, then other ways to boost attack are also relevant. Likewise for any other race and whatever they receive.
lordatog

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:54 pm

Ahh, haven't thought of the sensation stone! Is it the best prep for this however?

And it's pretty clear from the screenshot that the dude got huge ammounts of CP, don't worry about it. He's still playing around with it trying to bust that milestone, he'll come out when he's ready. I was pretty O.O with where he's at now... But I'm curious about what we can come up with, and so is he :)

With 2 sensation stones we're at 1675, we need MOAR!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:26 pm

There's a subdungeon with a dragon that gives you a PISORF glyph, and that glyph has full CP value. So that's an extra 150.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:12 pm

Hmmm, that's a bit unreliable and direction specific (not that some allready mentioned stuff isn't :D), but let's say 1825.

Is there something that you can transmute for more benefit than you'd get with a Sensation Stone? (I ussually go for fabulous treasure/buyout but that's not whats being played at here). Zot maybe?

How much could be pulled out of the shops assuming say, 5 items bought, what would be the best deal or some decent average? Could you reliable buy more than 5 items?

Also, what god besides pactmaker? Does any god at all give good enough direct CP benefits?

The question is can 2100+ be managed? Because if it can then the guy will come out with his great scheeme - he's currently trying to crack it... And something really funny happens if you can manage 2100 CP (or so we speculate).
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:22 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:25 pm

Hmmm, stacking beads is rather difficult these days, and Chaos avatar is a bit difficult to get if you're fueling Pactmaker. Still, CA is the better option.

There's also... there's also Taurog. But I can't remember the exact CP values on all of his junk. Add the Spirit Pact bonus on it and it might be quite a bit.

EDIT: I think it used to be 60 per, so 70 X 4 = 280.

Also, I've been counting Spirit Pact wrong, it's +10 CP. So the whole thing is a bit lower.

Let's say I've overcounted a 100 so we get 180 from Taurog total, and that's about 2000. Without shops but with a conditional subdungeon based glyph and a sensation stone you only get from havendale bridge.

Without that it's 1700. Could you get 400 from shops + spirit pact? 300 from shops = 2000, but it needs to be 2100.
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:48 pm

Darvin

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons