[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Max CP pops out of a run

Max CP pops out of a run

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Max CP pops out of a run

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:58 pm

Yeah, the cost of converting Taurog's gear is nasty, but probably not an issue from what I've seen. I'm not sure there's another way to pull 240/280 CP out of nowhere.

One row of beads = 50 CP? Hmmm... Not sure if it beats Taurog. And yeah, stacking CP for it's own sake is bloody good from what I've seen (the penalty is nasty in any other sense, but I've converted T's gear before and in some builds it works fine)

With spirit pact and alchemist prep, if you buy and convert 3 potions that's 60 CP, and since you can prep 4 potions and save the whoopaz thats 3 more converted and so lets say 120 CP. Or have i allready counted 2 of thos in? Hmmm...

So 1700 (assuming pactmaker and Taurog) + 120 = 1820. Needs at least 300 more from shops. Let's say 250 because if you convert 5 items with spirit pact you get 50 CP. 5 items for 250? Doable? Reliably?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Urthop on Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:08 pm

Now I'm getting curious what this special thing might actually be. Looking at conversion bonuses, the only thing I can really think of would be a Gorgon with 115% Deathgaze? But why 115%, and not settle for 105% instead. Either that or a Half-Dragon with ludicrous Knockback damage.
Urthop

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:11 pm

Lujo

Postby Urthop on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:28 pm

Never tried, but I don't see how it would be very special, player Gorgons don't get the monster Gorgon Deathgaze. Player Gorgon Deathgaze basically ignores First Strike and resists.
Urthop

Postby Darvin on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:53 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:38 pm

Lujo

Postby lordatog on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:00 pm

The infinite wizard trick also works with just BLUDTUPOWA and PISORF for infinite shoving. Not sure if 180 HP at level one is actually possible, though. Between JJ, GG, EM, and Pactmaker, you can get an awful lot of HP, but actually getting enough piety to pull it off might be impossible.

The number 2100 makes me think of elves, but I can't think of any particular breakpoint at 40 mana. Was it actually gorgon, or were you just wondering out loud once it was brought up?
lordatog

Postby Darvin on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:16 pm

Darvin

Postby lordatog on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:30 pm

Well, we can get a third health boost from JJ, and there's no reason to stop at 5 absolutions. We can petrify everything over level 2 to appease EM, convert everything for GG, and we can also hit level 2 monsters with absolution before we take humility. If we end with GG, we can also desecrate EM for effectively no penalty, and desecrate JJ for a penalty we might be lucky enough to dodge. Get Pactmaker as a 4th god and we can use Consensus too; I don't think we ever need more than 50 piety at once after we get JJ's boons. Unfortunately, I don't think Imawal is going to help for the final combo. It only costs 3 when not used on a monster, which is only 2 for a wizard, and therefore not worth a Fire Heart stack.
lordatog

Postby Lujo on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:36 pm

And you can't end up in GG because he doesn't like B2P (or if he does I'd be surprised).

Oh, well, I guess I'll settle for the 1900 gorgon since noone is giving me 2100. I didn't know you could get that much CP at all outside of VGT and transmuter shennanigans, I always sort of thought about CP in the realms of 800-ish...

Really hoped someone out there had going silly with CP all worked out before and never thought to post about it...

EDIT: Wait, a 2000 CP Half-Dragon has what, 400% knockback? Could he desecrate taurog's gear (well, most of it) and not feel it as knockback only counts your base? He could desecrate 2 things for 210 and -20% and get +40% knockback and keep the Skullpicker (which at 2000 CP does like 20 knockback on it's own, right?)?

EDIT2: And back to Gorgon, deathgaze counts base or total? Total I'm guessing?
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons