[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Of Stats and Steam Cards

Of Stats and Steam Cards

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Of Stats and Steam Cards

Postby Sidestepper on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:54 am

Wait, hold on.

http://www.desktopdungeons.net/stats_pa ... Down=Kills

How are people killing the Guardian of Magic? I think that was presented as a community challenge once, and no one solved it.
Sidestepper

Postby sitnaltax on Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:46 pm

Namtar 6 has more kills than Namtar 5. That suggests to me that there's some glitch in the data collection (or it's possible for a kill to not be counted).

Or there's a secret passage in Namtar's dungeon that I've never noticed...
sitnaltax

Postby Astral on Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:59 pm

It's also strange that the venom dagger is listed twice on the lockered items' list. Or is there a 2nd venom dagger I've never seen?

Also found it wierd that NL has higher win% than the Labyrinth or Shifting Passages. I guess only more confident players try NL.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby dislekcia on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:38 pm

The venom dagger changed when poison was reworked, so that's technically a different item in the logging system.

Yes, messages can get lost if people drop offline or your net connection isn't stable, so it's not 100% accurate.
dislekcia

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:08 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Naoya on Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:42 pm

I find it odd that random/regular-Aequitas (?) gets more often killed than his Northern Desert version, considering that the latter always spawns and the former is a random boss.He also seems to get more often killed than other bosses in general, regardless of if they're random or fixed.

Does petrification count towards kills? If yes, this could explain the Guardian kills.
Naoya

Postby Darvin on Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:54 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:05 pm

It's possible that the regular Aequitas gets killed more often because more people play the Den of Danger / Venture cave, he can spawn in a number of other places and mostly aways gets killed when he spawns because he is't too tough to kill.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby CoolBoy on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:39 am

I'm surprised that Earthmother isn't number two on the Gods popularity list. I'm also doubly surprised that Elven Boots aren't the most commonly prepped item. For normal and vicious token runs, that item is usually the one I bring with me at least 80% of the time. Namtar's Ward is a close second, but I doubt many people have played long enough to acquire it.

The Glowing Guardian is a great diety, but I've only come to utilize him recently. When I was a beginner, I found his punishment far too shocking to risk using him from the start. Frankly, even now I tend to only use him late-game when I've already exhausted all my health and mana potions, certain vicious dungeon strategies being the lone exception.
CoolBoy

Postby Darvin on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:49 am

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons