[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Female Representation in Desktop Dungeons

Female Representation in Desktop Dungeons

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Female Representation in Desktop Dungeons

Postby Sidestepper on Mon May 26, 2014 7:30 pm

Lujo: I was blown away that you kept it to one line. Well done.

Alweth: I am for real curious about what you are saying. Gender in media is a subtle and morally hazardous issue and video game in particular have had Problems with it. There's a lot of room for nuance here, and I think that you might be viewing this from a different angle.

For what it's worth, I respect what QCF did, both in the message, the resources they were willing to spend on it, and the understanding that they showed that the problem is big and that their treatment of it is limited in scope and imperfect in execution. I also don't think it is above criticism, so I'm interested in what you are expressing.
Sidestepper

Postby dislekcia on Mon May 26, 2014 8:26 pm

dislekcia

Postby Lynzkar on Tue May 27, 2014 8:15 am

Offtopic on what you are currently talking about, but is there anychance we might get male gorgon, female vampire, Female half-dragon (though it's rather genderless) and / or female goat person?
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby dislekcia on Tue May 27, 2014 9:47 am

dislekcia

Postby Lynzkar on Tue May 27, 2014 10:11 am

Lynzkar

Postby berpdreyfuss on Tue May 27, 2014 10:49 am

berpdreyfuss

Postby Lynzkar on Tue May 27, 2014 11:06 am

I'd still rather have male & female vampires and male and female gorgons though. Esspecaly on vampire as it is very human like
Lynzkar

Postby dislekcia on Tue May 27, 2014 1:12 pm

dislekcia

Postby Lynzkar on Tue May 27, 2014 2:38 pm

Well it is half-human and half-dragon, that should mean it takes some traits in apearance (possibly the jaw) from humans, yes? (Also how do you know that I ain't a half-dragon? It is my favorite class after all)
But either ways, I would still enjoy seeing a female (male for gorgon) verson of all the monster classes.
Lynzkar

Postby Incompetent on Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:46 am

I'm a bit disappointed in how male-dominated the DD pantheon is. The list of monsters is also a bit skewed, as far as the ones with an identifiable gender go, and the only female kingdom NPC I can think of is the Witch. Otherwise though, I think it's a decent effort. Random genders on adventurers is a nice touch, because it underlines the fact that the adventurer is not the 'player character': you are playing as the Administrator, picking adventurers in some meritocratic fashion from a pool of recruits. For the same reason, I think that allowing players to pick the name, sex etc of the adventurer would be a bad move from an immersion perspective, but it would be cool if we could give the Administrator a name.
Incompetent

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons