[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The Grand Collection of Fails

The Grand Collection of Fails

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The Grand Collection of Fails

Postby sitnaltax on Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:18 pm

Still working on Purist VGT.

My latest attempt I thought might be the one. Dwarf Rogue, scummed for first floor GG. Found HALPMEH, BYCEPPS, and a Witchalok Pendant, and a Vampiric Blade was available. Pactmaker came early, and the first six levels went well. Level 7 was the dreaded Binlor + full reveal, just when I was running out of blackspace. Damn.

OK, well, I'll just blow the last of my piety, take Consensus, and switch to Drac now; earlier than I had planned but with luck it could still work. Blew the last of my piety on a Protection, then...

I had, of course, forgotten that taking a Pact disables Consensus. With no resources left, that run hit an inglorious end.
sitnaltax

Postby caviar on Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:46 pm

caviar

Postby Astral on Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:58 pm

Yeah the sanguine reset can hit very hard. Thankfully I learned that on other dungeons when I was dicking around with Halflings so it didn't ruin any VGT run yet. The no consensus after body pact though...
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby caviar on Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:18 pm

Just learned the hard way that the mages in the wand of splosion subdungeon count towards mystera's punishment. :(
caviar

Postby Lujo on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:27 pm

Decided to be a complete jerk and went Goblin Thief - Warmonger - Ick Swamp with Vicious Token, and for some reason decided GG was the way to go. Turns out it was all working great untill I figured out I had nothing at all on the map that would allow me to kill - Medusa. Because 100% deathgaze. There wasn't even a Badge of Courage, and I've allready desecrated Binlor.

Wouldn't have been a problem if I just went Taurog or Drac, but nooooo, I had to go to the one guy who can't do anything about that (and also additionally clogs your inventory). And the strangest thing is that I would've probably been able to kill her with my one dodge + reflex if I hadn't absolutely arsed up my Enlightment timing - I thought Cleansing would have an effect on Itssama, but forgot that he has both kinds of resists, and this one mistimed cleansing caused my run to tumble down badly. And the subdungeon was "contemplate the waters" - on a warmonger run.

Soooo close, sooo much fail :(

EDIT!

No, wait, it was an EVEN BIGGER FAIL. What I could've done was simply dodgestep her, and that would put her at one hit away, buy the Hero Helm I had in the shop, ding via conversion (wasn't a problem)... and then just convert the helm. I believe this would've left me at 5 overheal and I would've killed her. D'oh!
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Tinker on Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:15 am

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Lujo on Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:38 am

^ How was Michael Bay doing for you in Rock Garden? Made any money? :)

But, yeah, random fireball retaliation is one of those sneaky deathtraps people keep walking into over and over and over. No telling how many times I've burnt (lol) a perfectly good VGT run on the fireball retaliation floor. What is this suspiciously curseless floor now? You check yourself, see nothing on yourself, see a peculiar boss, think "Hmm, I guess that's it, I'll just fireball this guy over here, and a-one, and a-two, and a-" burns self to crisp.
Lujo

Postby Tinker on Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:51 pm

Tinker

Postby Tinker on Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:09 pm

btw I just bought a spoon for 1501 Gold. It was an impulse purchase, I thought it will only cost 1 gold, but then they billed me for the remaining 1500 just after check-out.
Tinker

Postby Lujo on Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:25 pm

Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons