[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The Grand Collection of Fails

The Grand Collection of Fails

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The Grand Collection of Fails

Postby Lujo on Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:26 pm

I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:25 pm

Just had had a dragonguard in dragon isles resist my wheytwut something like 8 times in a row. I spent nearly all the extra exploration in the matron subdungeon and a bunch of bloodpools trying to move him out of the way. Didn't cost me the game - but if it kept up it might have easily, or at least it might've baited the Chaos Avatar ahead of time.
Lujo

Postby TheSchachter on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:29 am

So, I wanted to knock off a quick vicious run before I went to bed and, seeing the PQI asking me to do Gorgon Warmonger in Vicious Steel (NOPE), I figured I might just do the gorgon victory for that dungeon (still dreading the Vampire one...). Went with the traditional Binlor + Dragonshield Gorgon cheese (hey, it's 4:00am, I don't feel like straining myself too much here :P), got a fantastic Pactmaker early so I was settled for resists via Body Pact, and to top it off I got a platemail in the shop, Dwarven Gaunltes a bit later, and the gold-filled secret subdungeon. I guess I got a bit careless, because while The Indomitable fell pathetically quickly and got me close to level 7, I was running low on blackspace and piety. I figured I ought to ding to 7 to refill after getting one shot off BlahBlah, so I get to munching popcorn, and I realize that I still have the Platemail on so I'm getting debuffs from illusions and triggering body pact.I decide I should keep it for BlahBlah, set my Piety to 10 exactly, kill one last popcorn...

*Binlor does not forgive those who fall behind! May your obstacles strike you with full force!*

Yeah, even though I had clearly noticed that my popcorn was triggering body pact, I somehow didn't register that it would trigger before the level up penalty. I was left with 5 magic resistance, completely unable to tank a hit from BlahBlah and little means to generate more piety. And that's when I decided it was time to go to bed!

(It's not imposible that the run was still winnable by a tiny margin, but I certainly didn't have enough brainpower left to attempt it!)
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby The Tapir on Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:47 am

It's unreal how many times I go into a dungeon for a VT run only to find out ON THE VICTORY SCREEN that I forgot to prep the token itself. And here I thought that not only did I knock out the VT for grimm's grotto, but I did so with a gorgon as well.

Sadness abounds.
The Tapir

Postby Lujo on Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:14 am

There's a REALLY stupid Orc Fighter in Cursed Oasis fail in the bloggy playthrough thread, too long to crosspost it here (also might be interpreted as spam), but takes a bit of explaining to see how huge of a fail it was. I went purist hoping to score pissoff, and scored everything and the kitchen sink for PoS (EVERYTHING, there was even Zombie Gold to go with my B2P) - and then failed the Ding! Max I was supposed to do (I tacked on Purist because I wass missing it), because I just killed the guy and unthinkingly exited with enough leftover resources to do VT Naga City :( / :lol:
Lujo

Postby Tinker on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:14 pm

How do you screw up a perfectly valid Goatperson Demonic Library run, where you've got ample resources to take on Avatar? By doing these things: 1) accidentally triggering the conversion on almost full bars *twice* and 2) taking Chaos Avatar instead of Last Chance when the other deity is Dracul, and your bossfight strat involves resists and HALPMEH, and 3) only realizing this after getting punished by Dracul. Nevertheless I got him down to needing only one or two more hits, but had nothing else to convert for that one last refill... Anyway I just got what I deserved, you don't screw up Goat conversions twice and win. Maybe once, but not twice. And Dracul rocks, but not so much when you want to HALPMEH :)
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons