[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The Grand Collection of Fails

The Grand Collection of Fails

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The Grand Collection of Fails

Postby TheSchachter on Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:28 am

I now know to never use double-clicking to go down stairs, at least in Gaan-Telet. Accidentally triple-clicked right onto a level 9 dragon while at low health. This especially deserves to be there since this is the third perfectly good Gaan-Telet Assassin run I've squandered in a row, specifically on the second floor due to a silly mistake; the other two times were caused by temporarily forgetting about the Retaliate:Fireball effect.

I think the game really doesn't want me to beat the place with an assassin... (it's just regular Gaan-Telet. I shouldn't be dying so much XD)
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Astral on Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:31 am

Oh yeah misclicks.
Lately I've been committing the stupidest mistakes related to them. Some time ago I had a PQI in Labyrinth and for fun was worshipping EM. I planned to join in Dracul later so I was very careful about my bloodpools and only petrified zombies and plants. Then once I misclicked my IMAWALL and blocked a path... the path to my bosses with about 1/3 of the blackspace left.
With no wallbreaking tools I had to use Rex to knock me into the sealed area :P

For a very long time retaliate fb didn't cause me any problems, because I always check the monsters' stats and abilities.
Sometimes that's not enough:

It was my 1st gorgon run there, and had such a great time. Ironically I even had CYDSTEPP. So what happened? That boss was slowed, so his retaliate fb wasn't shown. Seeing his weak stats I brawled him popping my DP, was about to fireball it a little before the regenfight, then I got trolled :(

I really wish retaliate fb and all the like abilities didn't disappeared when slowed, they should remain visible, maybe crossed or with a bracket next to them: (cancelled).
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Gakato on Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:51 pm

Gakato

Postby dislekcia on Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:59 pm

dislekcia

Postby TheSchachter on Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:01 pm

Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Kestrel on Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:51 am

Retaliate fireball not appearing on the display when enemies are slowed is actually very annoying. Died a few times because of this one too
Kestrel

Postby Nurator on Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:38 am

If enemies are slowed, they do NOT retalitate your fireballs ;-) Multiple Fireballs are bad thats true :D
Nurator

Postby The Tapir on Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:21 am

Decided to go through some of the dungeons I haven't played to get some classes and badges in those areas completed. Played a goblin assassin in Grimm's Grotto and ended up with Unstoppable and max level, two badges which I hadn't yet obtained for that area. Before leaving, decided to go into subdungeon (Sir Thrawn) and accidentally triggered him with no resources left except for a glyph that wouldn't level me up...

Needless to say, I was sad.
The Tapir

Postby Astral on Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:31 pm

Couldn't you regenfight him? If my memory doesn't cheat me he has low damage and is easily regenfought.

But anyways that is a sad way to lose. Shifting Passages stole some of my runs when I was killing my remaining foes to get unstoppable after the win, but thanks to the combination of EM's statues and walls I got completely sealed. At least I learned not to use Imawall on that dungeon without wall-breaking tools.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Tinker on Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:59 am

I've beaten most dungeons within a reasonable number of tries, even the more difficult ones. Even Vicious dungeons or class challenges I could beat in no more than 1-3 attempts, I think what took me longest were The Labyrinth and Dragon Isles, with 4 tries each.

I remember though that there was one dungeon that I only beat on, something like, my the seventh try, and it was: Ick Swamp. I kept misclicking and getting barbed up by those menacing green bushes. Sometimes, after killing the bosses...
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons