[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Class Concepts with Sprites

Class Concepts with Sprites

All things Desktop Dungeons

Class Concepts with Sprites

Postby Lynzkar on Tue May 06, 2014 1:05 pm

I make dumb class suggestions with sprites. I'm trying my best to learn the spriting style from the game. Some sprites might be simmlar to things that are allready in the game, cause it's much easier to copy the style, if I use things in the game as canvas.

The Djinn
Now with different facial hairstyles
--Conversion Bonus : +3% Physical Resistance for every 90 conversion points
♦Spellbound/Spellcycle♦
♦Using a glyph reduces the mana cost of all other glyphs by 2(stacks twice, however the second stack will only be half as effective (capping the mana cost reduction at 3)). Using glyph with reduced cost resets it's mana cost. (BLUDTOPOWA is not affected by, and cannot trigger spellcycle)
♦Glyphs cost 1 mana more to cast

♠Enlightned♠
♠ Magic Reistance is capped at 35%
♠ Leveling up grants 45 conversion points.

♣Guru♣
♣Mana Restores & level up(?) overcharge mana up to 50%.
♣+50% XP needed for each level

Witch doctor [Dramatic dun duun duuuun]

Monster Class- Ratling RAT MONARCH! CORRECTLY SIZED TEXT!

Scrapped
Last edited by Lynzkar on Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:11 pm, edited 63 times in total.
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Re: Desktop Dungeons Suggestions

Postby dislekcia on Tue May 06, 2014 9:10 pm

Hehehe, you'd have to make that like -80% damage to make that even remotely fair ;) Stacking corrosion is crazy, especially with resistances.
dislekcia

Postby Darvin on Tue May 06, 2014 9:29 pm

Darvin

Postby Sidestepper on Wed May 07, 2014 3:50 am

I've never thought about it before, but if you have both the Martyr Wraps and the Sticky Stick, do they stack? It's not really exploitable because the SS is neither shoppable nor lockerable, but that could be a a neat one-time experience.
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Wed May 07, 2014 7:54 am

I did think about it but couldn't find the stick and gave up :( Still, Martyr Wraps and Wharlgarble ought to be good enough for anyone. Add earthmother for shorter scenarios, mix in silly monk setups for longer :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Lynzkar on Wed May 07, 2014 7:56 am

I tried to balance it out a little bit. I would love some response from someone that is more exprienced with what would be balanced and what that is not.
Lynzkar

Postby Blovski on Wed May 07, 2014 6:55 pm

As I've never really been a stacking monster I'm probably not fully cognizant of all the issues.

Basically what you have is

A) Corrosion stacking. Very strong. Not really sure how you're meant to balance that especially with a Martyr Wraps and EM around for further boosting.

B) Huge mana restore. 6-8 mana restored per popcorn kill is incredibly strong. You'll have an extra 40 mana at least for the boss fight.
or
C) Free resist breaching (normally only available with RBS, Piercing Wand or Gods) + slight boost

D) powerful glyph (with conversion value) for not enormously huge disadvantages

My theory is that you'll want something with slightly less stuff on it. All the classes kind of have to have a focus and this sort of has several. I'd go for something like this:

A) Corrosion stacking, damage penalties, dunno how much you'll need but probably more than you think.
B) Free Getindare. Unconvertible.
C) Small size, -20% health (starting and per level).
D) 1 extra corrosion for at least 200 CP probably. Maybe more.
Blovski

Postby Lynzkar on Wed May 07, 2014 7:02 pm

Lynzkar

Postby The Avatar on Wed May 07, 2014 7:30 pm

Looking at your current iteration, I would say scavenger is a bit too powerful, but Combat knowledge is either redundant if you go full corrosion (as corrosion overrides resists), or super powerful in combination with RBS and Chaos Avatar (-65% resists). Also, your CP is still to low. I would make it 150 CP (+50 stacking), so for 5 layers it is 900 CP, a reachable but not easily reachable goal.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Lynzkar on Wed May 07, 2014 8:38 pm

Anyone got any suggestions for what I could swap the "combat knowledge" with? I'm really out of ideas that would work well, and still be unquie and balanced.
Lynzkar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons