[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Class Concepts with Sprites

Class Concepts with Sprites

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Desktop Dungeons Suggestions

Postby Psycho Savager on Fri May 09, 2014 6:54 am

Easy & Medium Badges: 210/210 Hard Badges: 450/450 Vicious Badges: 172/180 Triple Quests: 2/3
Explorer's Guild Puzzles: 56/56 Bronze/Silver/Gold Challenges: 45/45 Achievements: 34/35 Overall: 99.0%
Psycho Savager

Postby Lynzkar on Mon May 12, 2014 3:03 pm

I never really asked this, but I feel like I should. Would anyone acctualy be intrested in seeing the Ratling Monsterclass (Somewhat at it's current state) in the game?
Even though this is not my choice to make, it would be nice to have some opinions if it was.
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby Nurator on Mon May 12, 2014 8:14 pm

I would always be interested in new content! But sadly, the game is being transported to mobile devices in the moment, so it will be a looooong time till we see new content :( Your idea is not bad, but nothing really extraordinary that would change the game completely. I would play it once or twice and that would be enough ;-)
Nurator

Postby Lynzkar on Wed May 14, 2014 7:20 pm

I added "Witch Classes" to the mainpost, they are still very much a work in progress, so check them out and leave some feedback.
Lynzkar

Postby dislekcia on Wed May 14, 2014 9:57 pm

Discord seems like it doesn't really have a playstyle that it wants to create. I guess you'd focus on combat-rewarding gods like Taurog and Dracul, but beyond that the strongest thing it's got going for it is the +1 piety and the resists/dodge. So that means lots of hitting with few support items, because the more expensive items means that non-combat advantage glyphs will be converted on sight as the most reliable source of CP.

Someone on the Steam forum once suggested a Wraith class that could stand in walls but was a lot weaker physically to counteract the extra regen made available. That's a pretty extreme version of the sort of playstyle switchups that make a class idea feel fun. Messing with numbers happens after the general concept ;)
dislekcia

Postby Darvin on Wed May 14, 2014 10:36 pm

Hmm... completely different playstyles... how about this?

Adept
Dimensional Strike: starts with WEYTWUT; WEYTWUT deals 2 damage per level when used against non-slowed targets
Boundless Spellcaster: all glyphs except HALPMEH, BURNDAYRAZ, and PISORF cost 1 MP to cast; -5 starting MP
Spellbound: every glyph in inventory grants +1 healing per tile explored (maximum of +1 per level)

Probably utterly broken in some way, but that'd certainly be different.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Thu May 15, 2014 8:00 am

+1 for the dota reference :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Lynzkar on Thu May 15, 2014 11:58 am

Lynzkar

Postby Lujo on Thu May 15, 2014 1:13 pm

Well either your Magebane is halfway dota's magebane or you're both going from the same source.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Lynzkar on Thu May 15, 2014 1:30 pm

Lynzkar

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons