Hidden abilities / undocumented features

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Hidden abilities / undocumented features

Postby Lynzkar on Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:13 pm

Edit 2: Turns out I was just extremly lucky and managed to do it 18 times in a row on a golem, it might increase the chance of succses, but it does not gurantee it. Sorry, for the wrong infromation.

49. (Again a bug with the left click while in rightclick to attack mode) WEYTWUT will allways succeed on enemies with 50% magic resist or less, when using it from the "left-click-menu", activated through rightclick-to-attack. (No idea what to call it)
Edit : It will never succeed if they have more than 50% magic resist.
Last edited by Lynzkar on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby Nurator on Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:03 pm

Updated the first post again :) A lot of stuff there and there will be always be something hidden anywhere :D
Nurator

Postby Lujo on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:52 pm

50. If noone mentioned this before, "retaliate:fireball" doesn't in fact stack. As in, if you have Avatar's Codex and fireball something which has natural retaliate:fireball, you hit with a big fireball, and get retaliated once as usual.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Astral on Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:14 pm

I'm always late with the replies :P

@dislekcia: Thanks, I'm always happy to share strats like these :)

@Lujo: Lol, thanks :D
I guess it's due to my general playstyle, when it comes to strategy games with character building elements I always try to make something ridiculous or overpowered. In DD I keep cherry picking the best boons of 3-4 or even 5 gods and combining them for fun.

Yeah I forgot my version too, so I had to look it up (it's in Max CP pops out of a run, 4th page)

Preps: Halfling Transmuter, EM, compression seal, Naga Cauldron, quest items.
Items: PISORF, IMAWALL, B2P, NC, Fire Heart, (Rock Heart or if you can't find it any +HP item/Platemail for slowness)
You need the seal so you have room for the healthpotions too. I guess you can prep RBS too, ditch it if you see RH, keep it if you don't.
If you find all the items you only need 80-70 HP with 1-4 debuffs. I recommend at least 80 HP so potential mana losses from spiritswords can't screw you. When the cycle is messed up by it continue with B2P.
Without RH the necessary HP raises to 110-80 with 0-5 debuffs.

Cycle: Imawall on empty space (- 5Mana, +2Mana), Pissorf the monster (-4M) into the wall (+1HP/MP) and B2P 6 times ( -18HP/+6MP)= 0MP/-17HP. The 2 spells charged FH by 10%, use it to decrease the health loss. On every cycle the 8 glyphs used give 24 CP, at 80 you get 1 more health potion which nullifies the health lost for 4 cycles.

Without RH 1 more B2P is needed and you lose 21 HP/cycle without any healing. If your health is high you don't have to heal in every cycle and can save it to every 4th for example.

Strat: Join EM, Imawall every monster on sight and keep asking for vine form. Continue it with plants when you run out of monsters. If you see something with weakening, hit it before petrifying (you can desecreate TT too) for the debuff.
Only take boons when you're about to reach 100 piety so plants don't hinder you, but then try to spend it all so if you have to kill plants you lose nothing. If you see JJ or GG you can try to to convert into them for more health cheaply. I'd take 12 - 15 vine forms and some green bloods for extra corrosion dmg before leaving EM. If you end up with GG make sure you can convert out to someone safe before spamming B2P.

Lujo, if you can remember it, will you post your optimized version too? I'd love to see it.

Something relevant to this topic:
44. If that monster had knockback too, you fly 2 tiles as well :D
Has it been mentioned, that enemy knockback cannot kill? It leaves you at 1HP if you survive the normal hit, but the KB is too much.
50. Retaliate fireball's half damage gets further reduced by your resistances. So a maxed resist monk only takes 1/8 damage (not taking reduction into consideration).
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Lujo on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:08 am

I'll see if I can remember, but do you remember if the Gorgon kinda-exploit thingy with life gain (or something) was fixed or is it still out there?
Lujo

Postby Sidestepper on Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:40 am

Dislekcia made a comment that he thought that the strategy was interesting and that he was eager to try it out himself. It's probably not going to be patched out. I think that this is in the same category as the Titan Guitar glitch. It was unintended but the devs ended up liking it.
Sidestepper

Postby Lujo on Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:54 am

Oh, nice. I still can't remember what it actually was, since it came bundled with a ton of other cool stuff about gorgons and gorgon GG worship and stuff.
Lujo

Postby The Avatar on Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:39 pm

If you get your death gaze up to 100% then you always lifesteal up to your base damage even if it exceeds the monsters health. So you could get full lifesteal off a plant despite it having 1 hp.
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
The Avatar

Postby Blovski on Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:06 pm

Tikki Tooki doesn't punish you if you don't receive damage from a blow.
Blovski

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:12 am

Not sure if it is written anywhere or if people actually know this, but I think you can only steal up to 50% extra of your max life (played vampire quite numerous times and noticed this). So if you are already at 150%/100% of HP, you won't be able to go beyond that from stealing life.

(Is there a limit on the maximum amount of HP you can have at any time? Does over-heal from Naga Cauldron allow you to boost your HP from drinking health potions to an unlimited amount? Just asking, cos I am sure somebody has played with the cauldron but I haven't)
~'(^ + ^)'~

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons